Satmap Active 10 Plus

Looks pretty useless. Read three reviews and non mention geocaching. You might be able to generate the appropriate POI file to load and to will get you there but there will be no particulars of the cache (logs, description, d, t, etc). Plus it doesn't generate the visits file to upload your finds (if it even has the ability to mark them found). You can do pretty well for the price ($275) in the Garmins so stick to that.

Sorry but your first answer is totally wrong . I have had the Satmap Active 10 for a couple of years now and I think its great. I has a cheap and cheerful Garmin to start but swapped to the Satmap later. I mainly use the Satmap for caching but also for cycle touring and walking.

Pros...It uses OS mapping and is totally paperless, storing all details , previous logs and even photos on a nice big screen

Cons...It uses a lot of battery life and its not that easy to input the co-ords manually ie when your doing " multi 's ". Also you should get the 1:50 000 whole of GB mapping as the maps are expensive. They do go to 1:25000 and you can get them second hand on ebay.

To down load the caches, download a GPX file to your computer and then use the provided SATSYNC software to get it on your SATMAP.

I wont say whether it is better or worse than other high end GPS but you can use it for other uses as stated owing to the OS malling

I personally think they are great

To down load the caches, download a GPX file to your computer and then use the provided SATSYNC software to get it on your SATMAP.

Thanks Scotty. When you download a GPX file to the satmap does it give you all the information on the cache webpage, i.e. details, hint, previous logs etc?