My Hides

bflentje

A few years back, in the old feature system, I requested a My Hides PQ, similar in nature to the My Finds PQ. I swear I got an email stating that the feature was being discussed or would be implemented. Does anyone know if and when the feature would be considered again?

A few years back, in the old feature system, I requested a My Hides PQ, similar in nature to the My Finds PQ. I swear I got an email stating that the feature was being discussed or would be implemented. Does anyone know if and when the feature would be considered again?

I heard it will be done on the 12th of never. In the mean time you can use a bookmark and generate a PQ from the bookmark.

In the mean time you can use a bookmark and generate a PQ from the bookmark.

We all know, and don't need to discuss it, that this method is NOT helpful in the least unless you've been running PQs on the bookmark from the beginning of (my hide) time.

We not just create a PQ and select the That (and) "I own" filter.

Of course, that won't show caches that are archived or caches owned that are more than 500 miles from the specified center point but I don't see how that would be an issue.

Of course, that won't show caches that are archived or caches owned that are more than 500 miles from the specified center point but I don't see how that would be an issue.

That, and I want all of the logs on the hides so I can run some proper stats.

That, and I want all of the logs on the hides so I can run some proper stats.

Once you make the bookmark, get the PQ into GSAK you can then run Get recent logs API interface to get *all* the logs on your caches. To get the archived caches you can download them directly into GSAK or add them to the bookmark. There is no other way and I really don't think GS will implement such a thing any time soon, if at all.

And nothing will get ALL of the logs - the API only gets the most recent 30 logs - or am I missing something?

Yes, your missing something. Like setting the number of logs to, oh, say 5,000. If you set it really high it will get them all. Expect to drink a beer or two while it is working.

Once you make the bookmark, get the PQ into GSAK you can then run Get recent logs API interface to get *all* the logs on your caches.

Could you post a link to this GSAK macro please - I cannot seem to locate it. I have followed the thread and managed to get all my owned caches into my database - just cannot get the "Finders of My Caches" stats part to work.

Once you make the bookmark, get the PQ into GSAK you can then run Get recent logs API interface to get *all* the logs on your caches.

Could you post a link to this GSAK macro please - I cannot seem to locate it. I have followed the thread and managed to get all my owned caches into my database - just cannot get the "Finders of My Caches" stats part to work.

It's not a macro, which is why you can't find it.

Under Geocaching.com access you will find Get recent logs...

Select the maximum number of logs you need to retrieve.

(Find which cache has the most logs)

Edited by Bear and Ragged

It's not a macro, which is why you can't find it.

Under Geocaching.com access you will find Get recent logs...

Select the maximum number of logs you need to retrieve.

(Find which cache has the most logs)

Thank you very much - I can see that now. One step forward!!!!