Vanishing waypoints

I walked a potential new series a week or so back took waypoints and then thought hmm I like this pace better so have been busy setting new caches. Thing is the waypoints keep vanishing.

I did not delete them they just went then the ones from the other day ate there all done cache pages etc,

Been back set a few more took waypoints came home they vanished

Totaly confused don't take much I know but I now have to go back put and get the waypoints.

And in this heat it's no fun almost at the point of giving it up and waiting for winter lol

So why is it doing that and why somedays not others its an etrex 10

I walked a potential new series a week or so back took waypoints and then thought hmm I like this pace better so have been busy setting new caches. Thing is the waypoints keep vanishing.

I did not delete them they just went then the ones from the other day ate there all done cache pages etc,

Been back set a few more took waypoints came home they vanished

Totaly confused don't take much I know but I now have to go back put and get the waypoints.

And in this heat it's no fun almost at the point of giving it up and waiting for winter lol

So why is it doing that and why somedays not others its an etrex 10

I dont have an extrex - I have a Oregon 450 - but I think I remember having the same problem at one point. This was down creating two different profiles on the GPS. One for geocaching and one for bonus. Thats what I have named them. If I creat a waypoint in Bonus and then come out of that profile and go into the geocaching profile and then select waypoint manager to find my waypoint average, I think it does not appear. To find it I have to come out of that and go into bonus and select waypoint manager and the waypoint average I took is in that profile. I'm not saying that it is definite because I dont do it often. But I seem to remember that was the cause when it happened to me. Good luck.