Geocaches & Trackables in Southern Africa

Chrigi-in-Africa

Hi Andy

Been around geocaching for a few years now, but only started getting involved now, thanks to my fanatic geocaching girlfriend.

I work all-over Namibia for 6 to 10 months per year. Where possible, I have maintained some caches that are short on paper, pencils, or the cache being damaged. (Got a big box full of caching stuff goodies permanently in my vehicle.)

What I noticed from most caches in Namibia and on the Cape-Namibia Route, is that they are quite small, and this make the placing of an trackable quite difficult. So, I have started to place caches that could house trackables.

Do you know of any volunteers in Namibia, that might need help?

I got the time, and move very exstensively all-over Namibia, and along the Cape-Namibia route, at least once every second month.

Thank you kindly for an interesting and educational forum! :-)

Dont know of any Namibians - but that is a very noble act on your behalf - and quite common among cachers who frequent those out of the way places like you seem to. Well done.

I think the smaller cache sizes are unfortunately fairly common, and trackables often have difficulty finding homes. So good example to all areas.

Dont know of any Namibians - but that is a very noble act on your behalf - and quite common among cachers who frequent those out of the way places like you seem to. Well done.

I think the smaller cache sizes are unfortunately fairly common, and trackables often have difficulty finding homes. So good example to all areas.

Another question: I have placed 2 trackables in a geocache in Namibia, and due to no having any reviewers for Namibia, would it be OK to log the cache on opencaching?