Android app - Without Compass, with Offline maps

I have been a happy user of GDAK for a couple of years but recently lost my phone and the one I now have does not have an in built compass.

I reinstalled GDAK on it with all the offline maps but I cant see a way of actually navigating to a cache any more as the compass tab in GDAK has vanished.

Do any of the other Android apps, Free or Paid, allow you to navigate to a cache on a phone without a compass and using offline maps ?

I cant see why a compass should be needed, my two old Garmin GPS's didn't have them and they could direct you to a waypoint with no problem.

Has anyone got any ideas ?

Just an update to my original query. I've been experimenting.

Cachesense and c:geo both appear to work on smartphones without a compass (Huawei Y300 for example). Although obviously not quite as responsive as with one installed they are both good enough to find a cache under tree cover as proven by a quick lunchtime excursion today :)

Installing "GPS Status" as well as GDAK apparently allows you to navigate to caches using 'GPS Status' through GDAK, although I couldn't get this to work properly as it works like a radar with North stuck at the top on my phone so you don't walk towards the target on screen as you approach GZ.

Still hoping the GDAK developer can implement a GPS only mode as I do prefer GDAK but at least I am back on the trail again.