Saturation

Dead Chuffed

I know that with physical caches they must be at least 162m/528' apart, but I cannot find in the help section, if earthcaches are excluded from this rule. I know of two cases where traditional caches are less than 40m away from earthcaches, so I'm thinking that earthcaches are the exception to the saturation rule. Can anyone confirm this?

I know that with physical caches they must be at least 162m/528' apart, but I cannot find in the help section, if earthcaches are excluded from this rule. I know of two cases where traditional caches are less than 40m away from earthcaches, so I'm thinking that earthcaches are the exception to the saturation rule. Can anyone confirm this?

Reading the Guidelines confirms this:

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

7. Physical elements of different geocaches should be at least 0.10 miles (528 ft or 161 m) apart.

A physical stage is defined as any waypoint that contains a physical element placed by the cache owner, such as a container or a tag with the next set of coordinates. Non-physical caches or stages, including reference points, trail-head/parking coordinates and/or a question to answer waypoints, are exempt from this guideline. Additionally, within a single multi-cache or mystery/puzzle cache, there is no minimum required distance between physical elements. The graphic below shows a few examples of what is and is not acceptable in terms of cache saturation. EarthCaches are exempt from this guideline as they do not have physical waypoints.

B.

When I got my first EC published, I put a peanut butter jar cache in "Crack in the Ground" 250 feet from the posted spot for the EC. You do not need to find the physical cache but if you tell me the color of the jar lid I know that you were there. You still have to get 3 of the 4 answers right to claim the Earth cache.

I give the number of steps into the crack since you can't get a GPS signal inside the crack.

My second EC was developed when I found an ammobox in another fault a few miles away and decided it would be great for another EC.