Very unsafe caches by Geocachers

Well I really hate it when your trying to get to a cache and you get abducted by aliens, AGAIN.

You would think that the cache owner would be considerate enough to indicate alien activity in the area.

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

"Muga Muchu" (forget yourself, focus).

[This message was edited by Lapaglia on July 31, 2002 at 08:29 AM.]

Who is Geobuddy and what is his agenda? Hard to say. I do believe that the "dangers" stated in his cache logs don't add up. A NJ watersnake wrapping itself around a kid and biting it? This ain't the freakin' Amazon. The snakes here run (or crawl) like hell when someone comes along. A trap set at another cache that causes a head injury? Both of these caches have had numerous visits, yet the only person who encountered these "dangers" was this Geobuddy. Does this make sense? Who is he and what does he want? Is he only out to harrass the owner of theses caches? Or is he some litigation happy miscreant who is laying the groundwork for a lawsuit? Who knows. What is known is that there are no written logs in any of the caches that he claims to have visited.

He's a fake, a phony, a fraud and a liar...but the real question is,what does he have up his sleeve?

"Life is a daring adventure, or it is nothing" - Helen Keller

Being that he has only found five caches it seems that maybe he didn`t realize that this was going to be a little more difficult than going to the store. Maybe before getting too involved in the game he should read some of the logs for the caches that he is going to look for. Also, read some of the stories on the forums that other geocachers have to tell. I know we`ve all had our own bad experiences. We`ve made new trails with our backsides and had our six year old step within twelve inches of a four and a half foot rattle snake. We`ve been lucky so far, but there is always danger. It`s just a chance you take that goes with the addiction of geocaching. The way I look at it, there will always be a danger involved and you just have to watch what your doing. And always carry a stick.:-) All in all it`s the thrill of the hunt that keeps us going.

I recently saw Brian Snats Beware of Geobuddy fraud discussion, totally missed the link to this thread. Well isn't this interesting. If there was even 1/10th of 1 percent of doubt that this was a fake name intended to make my life miserable & run my name down, now I know it. There's just no way around it, & I'm glad Jeremy saw fit to pull all geobuddies logs. Here's what I said in the other forum...

#1: No log at hackensack greenway, none at Green Acres or the other. I checked. haven't checked the other two yet but I believe I won't find any there either

#2: Falling & needing stitches at John Ringling? Possible. Encountering a snake at Hackensack greenway? Theoretically possible. Having one attack your 3 yr old son? ALmost laughable. I imagine something here out of Acv Ventura When Nature Calls just thinking about it.

#3: Geobuddy encounters problems at two sites placed by the same person (me) and then logs 3 caches all within literally 250 yards of the other two, but no others before or since then.

#4: Claims to be a Verizon supervisor. Gee I work for Verizon and if we take that at face value, that's gonna keep from me questioning too hard. I mean after all we don't want to p iss off the boss do we?

#5: Fantastic logs alone wouldn't be enough, but all of the above combined screams out fake finds. Hmmm... seems targeted at me, to either keep people from my caches, make me miserable or both. It certainly had me thinking about it pretty hard. Posed ther question to Jeremy... guess what this guys email address is? gwho@yahoo.com

Proof enough that this is targeted at me? If not, then this forum thread should do the trick. I've no idea who geobuddy is or why he feels the need to try to make miserable, but I've got only one thing to say. I've lost 3 caches recently & if the trends continue, I'll just switch over & only Weird Nj virtuals & I'd like to see the geobuddies of the world try & screw with them! What are they gonna say next? "Oh I fell down and sprained my ankle while going to this virtual cache!" Unbelieveable... hehehehe. icon_wink.gif

www.gpswnj.com

quote:
Originally posted by Gwho:

My co-workers know I geocache. What if one of my bosses is mad at me & can't say/do anything to me at work, so they're trying to screw with me outside work? icon_eek.gif Ulp!

Well, if it IS one of your co-workers trying to f**k with you, all they really had to do is print out about 100 copies of that avatar/pfile pic of yours and plaster it all over work! icon_biggrin.gif

Illegitimus non carborundum!

quote:
Originally posted by ACME geocachers:

There's nothing worse than pervert snakes. icon_eek.gif

Yet one more reason why the only good snake is a dead snake...........but if I can help it I'm not even gonna get close enough to one to kill it!

icon_rolleyes.gif

Kathy in WV

Kathy in WV

quote:
Originally posted by Team Screamapillar:

If Geobuddy's goal was to harass you, Gwho, things backfired on him. He was plastered as a whiner and nobody gave you any grief about dangerous caches. Don't let it bother you.

-So what's with the threads? Are you into Rennaisance Fairs?

I'm not overly worried. never was. what does worry me is *IF* this is someone from my job. Who & why? As for Ren Fairs, I sorta am, but not as much as my friend. This is my attire from his medeval wedding a year ago. The pic is so small youcan't really tell but I'm wearing a kilt, bracers, leg armor & a 5 foot broad sword across my back. Real men don't have to answer the inevitable question about "whatcha got on under that kilt", because every knows the answer about real men & what they wear/don't wear. [:)]

alt.jpg

www.gpswnj.com

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

quote:
Originally posted by Gwho:

... because every(one) knows the answer about real men & what they wear/don't wear.

Yes, we all know the famous Monty Python song.

I still won't say what I wear/don't wear beneath the kilt but.... here's pictures from my friends medevial wedding where I wore the costume featured in my avatar pic...

alt.jpg

www.gpswnj.com

Given the tone of this thread, I am (tongue firmly placed in cheek) proposing that geocaching.com adopt a "Truth in Caching Description Act" immediately. This Act would require that cache descriptions completely and clearly describe any and all hazards which may exist and any safety precautions taken by the cache hider.

Example of noncompliant cache description:

Difficulty: 1 Terrain: 1

Cache is hidden in the lava basin of Kilauea volcano in Hawaii. Original contents: Veitnam era grenade, pipe bomb, King Cobra (taken from another cache), log book and camera. Take a picture!

Lava shouldn't cause too much trouble. Suggest you go naked in order to avoid burning any clothing.

Hint/Spoiler:

Whzcvat sebz nvecynar jvyy or dhvpxrfg ebhgr!

Example of compliant cache description:

Difficulty: 4.5 Terrain: 5

Cache is hidden on top of your alarm clock, but cannot be reached from bed without difficulty. Suggest you wear protective padding and adequate footwear. Also, take plenty of vitamins and see your doctor regularly. Cache hider has placed numerous pillows on the floor around your bed in case of fall.

Original contents: MedicAlert bracelet, Ice packs, emergency single dose morphine injection, Ace bandages (assorted sizes), cell phone with 911 already dialed (just hit send), and mommie's shoulder to cry on.

Hint/Spoiler:

Rnfvrfg vs lbh trg fbzrbar gb trg vg sbe lbh.

Good idea, huh?