Where are your traveling coins?

usyoopers

I had some time on my hands today so I took a look at where my travelers are, just the first page of them. Out of those 20 here is where they are-

Czech Republic- 1

Germany- 7

Spain- 1

United Kingdom- 1

Canada- 1

Poland- 1

USA- 8

I found it interesting that so many of them make it across the pond. Those seem to be moving more as well. Where are your travelers??

I had some time on my hands today so I took a look at where my travelers are, just the first page of them. Out of those 20 here is where they are-

Czech Republic- 1

Germany- 7

Spain- 1

United Kingdom- 1

Canada- 1

Poland- 1

USA- 8

I found it interesting that so many of them make it across the pond. Those seem to be moving more as well. Where are your travelers??

glad that yours are "alive and well"

of the 60+ travelers I had in circulation, 97% are gone, presumed stolen

the hobby is great...travelers are a great concept; i an VERY careful and conscientious about moving other's travelers along...BUT...

...I no longer put mine in circulation

Czech Republic- 1

Germany- 7

Spain- 1

United Kingdom- 1

Canada- 1

Poland- 1

USA- 8

glad that yours are "alive and well"

of the 60+ travelers I had in circulation, 97% are gone, presumed stolen

the hobby is great...travelers are a great concept; i an VERY careful and conscientious about moving other's travelers along...BUT...

...I no longer put mine in circulation

I feel your pain, those 20 aren't our only travelers, I just thought it interesting that so many had made it over the pond. I just tallied all ours up....out of 278 travelers, 203 are marked as missing. I haven't sent any out for quite awhile. We do leave an unactivated coin in caches we put out and when we travel I like to leave one of our unactivated coins here and there.

1 - Germany, this coin had been marked missing about a year ago, a coin that had quite a lot of travel on it, including South Africa, Iraq, Afghanistan, and bouncing around Europe - someone in Germany just recently logged a grabbed it - it lives!

2 - Germany, in the hands of a cacher who hasn't moved it in 2 years, and probably isn't going to.My most successful coin, this one traveled steadily from 2005-11.

2 - Florida recently picked up, in the hands of cacher

3 - Missing coin released in 2005, traveled a bit in the western US, disappeared

4 - Missing along with cache Alberta Cananda, this one doesn't bother me. Cache was apparently bulldozed in fire, stuff happens.

Thanks for asking

I checked mines and it goes like this:

USA - 43

Canada - 15

Australia - 5

The Netherlands - 2

Germany - 5

Sweden

Norway

Austria

Spain

Japan

Belgium - 2

Latvia

I won't probably never visit some of those countries myself but with the help of my travelers I can do it in a different way by looking at the cache pages they visit :D

Some of them are probably missing right now but that would be a different topic :rolleyes:

Edited by Laval K-9

I find it interesting that your first 20 are still traveling. On my first page I have 6 travelers. 1 in Germany, 1 in Italy and 1 in Florida. But the one in Florida hasn't moved (there is a slight pun there since it is a Cache Cow coin) since 09 and was discovered in 12. The other three are missing.

I own 14 trackables (including 2 personal trackers, which I keep with me), and none of them have left the United States. 3 are currently marked missing (including 1 that was in a cache destroyed by fire, which I have a proxy coming for), and a couple have been in one person's inventory for so long I've given up on them. One was picked up from the taker's first find, and he hasn't found a cache since.

Edited by Kacher82

Tought I'd do all of my traveling coins...

Baden-Württemberg, Germany - 1

Deidesheim, Germany - 1

Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany - 2

Niedersachsen, Germany - 1

Bayern, Germany - 1

Bretagne, France - 1

Île-de-France, France - 1

East Midlands, United Kingdom - 1

Florida - 6

Hessen, Germany - 1

Washington State - 3

Niederösterreich, Austria - 1