PARANORMAL AND GEOCACHING?

I was nightcaching at 3:00am looking for a new cache called "Crazy Bones"

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=23581 . I was zeroing in on the cache when the GPS suddenly pointed in a completely different direction. I humoured it and it took me into the brush and there where it zeroed out, was this funny looking bone(cow I hope, human I hope not). So I picked it up, the GPS was now pointing back in the first direction, found the cache, left the bone.

Strange.

357259_200.jpg

My brother-in-law and I were MTB caching in the Santa Monica Mountains of California. We went to this cache named Vanalden Cave. There were all kinds of pictures and names carved into the sandstone, of the cave walls. I always take my digital camera on all cache hunts, so I thought I would snap a few pictures inside the cave. The pictures that came out had all these balls of light around us. I think they are called ORBS.

This was a real freaky place with some real wierd pictures. What do you cachers think? icon_eek.gif

I would like to post these two pic's of the Orbs, how can I do that?

My brother-in-law and I were MTB caching in the Santa Monica Mountains of California. We went to this cache named Vanalden Cave. There were all kinds of pictures and names carved into the sandstone, of the cave walls. I always take my digital camera on all cache hunts, so I thought I would snap a few pictures inside the cave. The pictures that came out had all these balls of light around us. I think they are called ORBS.

This was a real freaky place with some real wierd pictures. What do you cachers think? icon_eek.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Kevin M. Nichols:

They have to be on the web somewhere, in some personal web space or on this website on a cache page. Might be easy to upload them to your cache entry on that site, then post a message here and make use of the "Image" button avaliable when posting a message. As long as it is under 100K you should be able to post it(otherwise crop or scale it down with graphics software).

Cheers!

quote:

The pictures that came out had all these balls of light around us. I think they are called ORBS.

Some people with too much time on their hands or too much imagination call them orbs. Normal people call them dust motes, or insects, or water droplets.... What happens is that a small particle in the air is close enough to the camera lens to be completely out of focus and it's illuminated by your flash. The inverse-square rule means that a dust mote a few inches from your flash will be more intensely lighted than one not much further away, and that more of the reflected light will come back to your lens, which increases the probability that you'll only see the ones that are very close. They show up as circles because they're out of focus, not because they're somehow supernatural. Obviously, this effect tends to happen in dimly-lit spaces where you need a flash, such as your cave, which reinforces the spiritual explanation.

You can duplicate this effect yourself the next time you find yourself caught in the snow, or in a cloud of gnats, or in a dust storm with your digital camera: take one picture with, then one picture without the flash. The one with the flash will probably have very strong "orb activity."

warm.gif

It seems like every community has a story about some witch buried near by. I've set up a virtual cache at our local Witch's Grave.

There's supposed to be one in a nearby town that has some interesting documentation on the net. As soon as I can locate it myself I'll set it up as a virtual too.

Seems to me it would be kind of fun to visit some of these in late October . . perhaps on a moonlit night. icon_wink.gif

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again."

Mt. 13:44

It seems like every community has a story about some witch buried near by. I've set up a virtual cache at our local Witch's Grave.

There's supposed to be one in a nearby town that has some interesting documentation on the net. As soon as I can locate it myself I'll set it up as a virtual too.

Seems to me it would be kind of fun to visit some of these in late October . . perhaps on a moonlit night. icon_wink.gif

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again."

Mt. 13:44

Yeah, I attribute most of the orb phenomenon to dust particles. I've seen people who got pictures with orbs and said "LOOK! PARANORMAL!" and I've seen people who got pictures with the exact same-looking orbs who said "Look. It was there and it was dusty as hell." Of course, there is usually a lot of the dust and debris in long-abandoned or isolated "spooky" places as well, adding to the psychological effect.

CODENAME: ALPHA OPERATOR

daedalus://govlink/secure/majestic/12.12.12/ops/throne/AO

MAJESTIC-12: THRONE G6 LEVEL AGENT

http://www.planetdeusex.com

quote:
Originally posted by The Alpha Operator:

Eh, I haven't seen anything odd on my cache expiditions. Odd things I typically attribute to either:

A. Mistaken Identity

B. Camera Faults (light leaks, 2x exposure, etc.)

C. Demonic Manifestations ("real" paranormal stuff)

I'm an active seeker of paranormal phenomena. What would you define as "demonic."

Warm regards,

Firefishe

196939_600.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

quote:

The pictures that came out had all these balls of light around us. I think they are called ORBS.

Some people with too much time on their hands or too much imagination call them orbs. Normal people call them dust motes, or insects, or water droplets.... What happens is that a small particle in the air is close enough to the camera lens to be completely out of focus and it's illuminated by your flash. The inverse-square rule means that a dust mote a few inches from your flash will be more intensely lighted than one not much further away, and that more of the reflected light will come back to your lens, which increases the probability that you'll only see the ones that are very close. They show up as circles because they're out of focus, not because they're somehow supernatural. Obviously, this effect tends to happen in dimly-lit spaces where you need a flash, such as your cave, which reinforces the spiritual explanation.

You can duplicate this effect yourself the next time you find yourself caught in the snow, or in a cloud of gnats, or in a dust storm with your digital camera: take one picture with, then one picture without the flash. The one with the flash will probably have very strong "orb activity."

http://216.202.195.127/warm.gif

Yes, this makes perfect sense. However, there are numerous cases of photographs taken without benefit of flash, which have had the same kind of "orbs" appear. This activity is often near or in cemetaries. There *are* some exceptions, and these are the ones I seek.

Warm regards,

Firefishe

196939_600.gif

I was alone on a cache hunt (only one I've doen solo) about a month ago. I paused at a trail intersection, was reading a sign there, taking a breather, checking the GPS. I turned my head in time to see a 40 ft. tall tree fall over. It wasn't leaning, nothing I saw knocked it down. It was maybe 25 yards away clustered with a bunch of other trees in a relatively young forested area. After it fell it was really quiet and I confess I was kind of spooked. Then I continued to the cache, which was in an old family cemetery in the woods. icon_eek.gif

Paranormal, supernatural? Nah. Freaky? You bet. icon_razz.gif

I was alone on a cache hunt (only one I've doen solo) about a month ago. I paused at a trail intersection, was reading a sign there, taking a breather, checking the GPS. I turned my head in time to see a 40 ft. tall tree fall over. It wasn't leaning, nothing I saw knocked it down. It was maybe 25 yards away clustered with a bunch of other trees in a relatively young forested area. After it fell it was really quiet and I confess I was kind of spooked. Then I continued to the cache, which was in an old family cemetery in the woods. icon_eek.gif

Paranormal, supernatural? Nah. Freaky? You bet. icon_razz.gif

The Uisneach Cache in Ireland was great fun, however as we were climbing around the sacred druidic stone, a group of witches came up the hill to find out what we were doing looking on, under and around the druidic rock. *giggle* Not so much spooky as funny, as Jeff had to stand there and explain what geocaching was to a coven of witches.

- Paula

quote:
Originally posted by Jeffery&Paula:

The Uisneach Cache in Ireland was great fun, however as we were climbing around the sacred druidic stone, a group of witches came up the hill to find out what we were doing looking on, under and around the druidic rock. *giggle* Not so much spooky as funny, as Jeff had to stand there and explain what geocaching was to a coven of witches.

- Paula

Wow! Were they 'real' witches - i.e., followers of a religion, or were they there for just a 'fun social event'?

quote:
Originally posted by Jeffery&Paula:

I suppose they like to be called Wiccan's or Druids. - Paula

Being Wiccan, myself, I can say that it depends with whom you're talking.

Wicca, as it is known today, was founded by a one Gerald Gardner, back in the 1940's. He was afraid of the "Old Religion" (Goddess/Matriarchal) was going to die out if he didn't do something to prevent it's demise into antiquity.

The story is that he petitioned a coven of witches to teach him the old ways, and he expounded upon that and took the name "Wicca" (a word meaning either Wise or "To Bend" (as in bending the forces of nature to one's will to accomplish something, like a Healing, or needed weather, or a material object/experience, etc.) An alternate spelling is "Wicce." Which one means Wise and which one means "To Bend," I forget.

More information on this topic can be found at the sites below:

http://www.witchvox.com/

http://www.spiritweb.org/

http://www.religioustolerance.org/

I can be emailed at or if more information is desired.

Note: This post is strictly for informational purposes only. Wiccans and Witches exceedingly do not proselytize.

Warm regards,

Firefishe

196939_600.gif