Dartmoor and nearby caches

It is a sad day for me but I have realised that I have run the course, finished my race and collected my numbers to my fill and contentment. New challenges and hobbies have taken over and my GPS is for sale on Ebay as I type. Thank you caching for all the fun :D and friends :ph34r: I have met over the years. I expect I will cache again but for now I am moving on :( .

I have some caches which the community may wish to keep running. If anyone wishes to adopt any of them and can tell me how to get that done drop me a line! I think Satan's Pit deserves to live on!

Here is the list:

HiLo @ Penn Recca

A Gate to Nowhere

Old Wrigwell Lane

To Make a Monster!

Satan's Pit

This Little Piggie........

I Spy Spitchwick

Call of the Wild

Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy!

A Bird by the lb(s)

Manaton 'ROCKS'

Journey Beyond the Nose

Hardup

Many thanks

Ipplepen (aka Andy)

Bah, sorry to hear you're leaving us Ipplepen, but thank you for your caches and as well for not just archiving them. You've created some unusual and interesting geocaches over the years.

Agree about Satan's Pit, even after almost two years that one's still one of if not the favourite cache I've done and I will offer to adopt it (or equally happy if somebody else does!).

The same for Spitchwick which would be good to preserve and another in that area may not get permission now and it'd be nice to preserve it.

(edited because I did not say "Dadgum!" as my first word! Nanny forum software...)

Edited by dartymoor

Good luck Ipplepen, i have enjoyed doing some of your caches and Satans pit MUST be adopted :lol:

Alas, i am not your man to adopt as i am in the same boat as yourself, and no longer have the drive or enthusiasm, although I am not ready to give up quite yet.

However, i shall be putting mine up for adoption this time next year.

All the best to you,

Terry

Many Thanks - the following adoptions have been made:

HiLo @ Penn Recca (under offer)

A Gate to Nowhere

Old Wrigwell Lane

To Make a Monster!

Satan's Pit

This Little Piggie........

I Spy Spitchwick

Call of the Wild

Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy!

A Bird by the lb(s)

Manaton 'ROCKS'

Journey Beyond the Nose

Hardup

Edited by ipplepen

Glad to see some good caches will live on Andy, good luck with your new hobbies. We were only talking about Manaton Rocks the other day, it was one of our favourites of yours and we have been back up there many times since your cache was set up.

We left the game quite a while ago and although I check back now and again I don't see anything to get exited any more.

All the best mate, to you and Poppy

I'm sorry to hear you are leaving ipplepen. I've only been geocaching since February & was thinking about hiding a few nearby in Kingsbridge where I live. Happened to stumble on your post & noticed 'A Gate to Nowhere'. We will always remember this cache as we found our 1st ever TB there.

I would be more than happy to adopt this cache for you. I would be interested in Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy, Hardup & Call of the Wild......but have not found them yet. Maybe if I popped out to see that I can actually get them this week I could take over all 4?

Kind regards, Rob & Kay AKA Coagulating

Edited by Coagulating

Good luck Ipplepen, i have enjoyed doing some of your caches and Satans pit MUST be adopted :lol:

Alas, i am not your man to adopt as i am in the same boat as yourself, and no longer have the drive or enthusiasm, although I am not ready to give up quite yet.

However, i shall be putting mine up for adoption this time next year.

All the best to you,

Terry