Oregon 600 navigating to coordinates

HarLin

Just got the Oregon 600. Not to sure if it isn't too sophisticated for my geocaching uses but want to give it a try for a few days before deciding whether to keep or return it.

In my very old Magellan SportTrak I could enter coordinates and then navigate to them. I found out how to download geocaches from geocaching.com but in trying to enter coordinates I'm having a problem.

I see how to enter them in "wher to go > coordinates > enter location" and can enter the coordinates I want. But then I'm having a problem. I can't seem to save the new coordinates and then how do I navigate to the coordinates to get there?

What I'm doing is entering the coordinates of a known location and then attempting to use the 600 to get me ther and see how accurate it might be as compared to my old GPSr. (Hopefully it's better.) Direct line by the compass is fine - I don't need maps or anything else, just the direction of the coordinates and how far away they are.

This may have been covered before but after several searches I haven't found it. (Sorry it it's in there and I didn't find it.)

Thanks.

what profile are you using? In my geocaching profile on my garmin its not very easy to navigate to my own saved waypoint without changing to classic profile. However, if its new co ords for a geocache you're looking for you can go to geocache view, hit enter new waypoint and direct to it that way. Generally speaking i hit 'mark waypoint' edit the co ords and hit save. Then hit 'where to go' and chose waypoints and chose the one i created.