oregon 400 refresh geocache list

Hi,

I have had my oregon 400 for several months and there is one thing that is eluding me on how to do it, if possible. On my old Colorado when I looked at the list of nearest geocaches under find, as I travelled along the list would refresh as other caches became closer. On my Oregon when go to geocaches, find closest it will bring up the list but as I travel along the list does not refresh, I have to go out and come back in to the list for it to refresh. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks,

Rob

Hi,

I have had my oregon 400 for several months and there is one thing that is eluding me on how to do it, if possible. On my old Colorado when I looked at the list of nearest geocaches under find, as I travelled along the list would refresh as other caches became closer. On my Oregon when go to geocaches, find closest it will bring up the list but as I travel along the list does not refresh, I have to go out and come back in to the list for it to refresh. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks,

Rob

You're not missing anything. This is how the Oregon 400, 500, and 600 series function, and I've never found a way to change it. That's the one feature I had on my older GPS units that I wish I had with the Oregon 550 (and now 650).

Although I don't use it much (and therefore might not understand it as well as I should), I'm fairly sure the Geocaching Dashboard will always display and point to the geocache that's closest to your current location.

--Larry

Mine does not refresh as you drive. I have to go back and click on "Geocaches", then "find nearest" to get it to refresh. Well, at least that is the way my 450 works. If you are navigating to a cache, you have to go to "where to" and then stop navigating to that one first.