What kind of challenge are you working towards right now?

What kind of challenge cache are you currently doing?

We're currently on a month of mystery one: find at least an unknown every day of a month. Related to that we're doing a few side challenges related to this, mainly find ?-streaks of 32, 64, 100 and 126 (other types inbetween are allowed). Theoretically we could do a 'find 50 on one day' but we're not really power cachers, and doing this by bike is somewhat tiresome. Anyway, we're doing fine so far. With still 3 weekends to go and good weather forecast we found 46 mysteries so far :)

Mrs. terratin

We set challenges for ourselves. We are obsessed fulltime cachers so the challenges give us a reason to get out and keep it interesting.

We are currently aiming for 5 caches on every day of the calendar. We will complete it this month. Need 1 today, 3 tomorrow and 1 on the 24th.

MA now wants to aim for 10 for everyday but it will take about 18 months because of upcoming vacation trips during which we cannot get caches. That same reason stopped our caching streak at 472 days

We're currently on a month of mystery one: find at least an unknown every day of a month. Related to that we're doing a few side challenges related to this, mainly find ?-streaks of 32, 64, 100 and 126 (other types inbetween are allowed). Theoretically we could do a 'find 50 on one day' but we're not really power cachers, and doing this by bike is somewhat tiresome. Anyway, we're doing fine so far. With still 3 weekends to go and good weather forecast we found 46 mysteries so far :)

Mrs. terratin

Challenge caches are pretty much non-existent in my area. There were a couple created a few years ago for finding at least one cache in several specified areas (some of the many gorges in the area) or finding some of the oldest caches in the area, but that's it.

Challenge caches are pretty much non-existent in my area. There were a couple created a few years ago for finding at least one cache in several specified areas (some of the many gorges in the area) or finding some of the oldest caches in the area, but that's it.

That sounds nice, the gorges one I mean. My theory is: the more boring the nature, the more challenges :lol: and we do have many of them around.

My primary objective: I have been, and will likely be perpetually attempting to fulfill the requirements of this date-restricted fizzy:

Tequila: 81 Proof (don't click that link if you are flying under the PMO log radar)

I was also trying to get my D/T average up to 2.0 -- until I noticed that the challenge cache for it ALSO requires 2,000 finds. It took me three years to get to a thousand, so I have lots of caches ahead of me to work up to the average.

I am also on the lookout for multis that start with Q V or Z for an alphabet challenge cache.

Finally, I need to fill out the Lat/Long 43/79 challenge and only have about six or seven more to go for that.

Just finished up my first 100 consecutive day streak. Another 7 dys and I'll have 100 days of physical caches in Minnesota. I think I may end my streak after hitting that--especially since my daughter's wedding is in two weeks and I thinkmy wife has every minute of that week before it planned out for me.

I would newer accept a challenge that will force me not to take some types of caches

like a D/T over 4 challenge, this means alt caches with under 4 DT I need to pass by.. no way !!

the steak thing is what keeps me happy at the moment

and D/T matrix x 2 is soon there

We're currently on a month of mystery one: find at least an unknown every day of a month.

I just finished a month of mystery challenge. I had a dozen solved mysteries in Calgary to get me started. Then I took a 3-week trip to Minneapolis, where there were plenty of new mysteries (and a ton of challenge caches) that let me complete the month. On that trip, I ended up finding 72 challenge caches, most with requirements that I already had met.

Another fun Minnesota challenge was finding 10 caches in each of 4 different category types in a single day. I tried to combine that one with finding a cache in 12 different Minnesota counties in a single day and ended up finding my 12th county 15 minutes too late. Arg!

Working on the Pennsylvania County Challenge! After caching for nine years, I have found caches in 17 of the 67 counties! I hope to add four more counties this weekend! Maybe after another 19 years I will have the challenge finished.

We've wandered across the Commonwealth a few times caching. But never concentrated on counties. Yes! Seven finds in Dolphin County! (Oh... Wait.... That's Dauphin County.) We were hoping to go for State Game Lands #109 in August. But that doesn't look like it is going to happen. Oh, well. Maybe next year.

Then again, I have 13 of 16 counties in Maine...

I prefer those sorts of challenges.

I'm in NH - have a few challenges I'm working toward - we have the 234 challenge - which is to find a cache in each of our 234 cities/towns that are incorporated - I'm at 196.

We have a covered bridge challenge - to get a cache within 1/2 mile of each of our covered bridges.

I finished the "17" challenge - where 17% of my finds needed to be puzzle caches.

Now I'm working toward filling in my caching calendar for a challenge and another challenge called "20" where you have to have your calendar filled in but to qualify you can only use 20 traditionals to have filled the calendar and you must have at least 20 multi's, puzzles, letterbox hybrids, virtuals,events, earthcaches, and benchmarks and at least 6 rare icons. Will take me another year (at least to finish) but I lean to trying to find a non traditional over a traditional to replace traditionals for that calendar day now.

The two Challenges I will be working on for awhile but hope to complete one day are

The original Fizzy challenge called Well Rounded Cacher (The Fizzy Challenge) GC11E8N I had 19 to go last time I checked. This is the most difficult of the Fizzy Challenges (because of the April 2007 date restriction)

And the 5 oldest of 5 types in Northern California called Nor-Cals 5 Oldest Challenge GC18MBV which I have 8 more to go.

Edited by jellis

There are several I'm working on, but most are more long-term things that I'm gradually working towards.

-The one I'm focusing on the most is one where you need to find all 192 "Legacy Caches" hidden in conjunction with a Mega event last year. I only have 80 to go, but they involve several separate hikes and bike rides.

-There's one that requires finding 20 Earthcaches in this province, and I'm only a few away from that. I may even be able to complete that one this summer.

-There's one that requires finding 15 Letterbox Hybrids, but I only have 10, and there aren't any more hidden within about 80 km of home.

-I'm about halfway through one where you need to have moved or discovered 1000 trackables.

There are others that I'm gradually working on, but the finals aren't very close to home, so I may never even make it to the final.

I filled in my calendar last fall and made the find of the final on my birthday. I also completed a 50-day streak challenge the winter before that.

I've been (slowly) working on a local quadrangle challenge since it was published. I hope to complete it one of these years.

Last year, I filled my "Finds for Each Day of the Year" grid, but I don't know of any local challenge caches for doing that. I did it just for fun.

Ah yes, I'm slowly working on the quadrangle challenge too. Haven't been actively seeking out new quadrangles, but I do check every once in awhile to see if I have happened to pass through one and found a cache, or if I'm traveling in the Bay Area and have time to stop, I try to check if I'm passing through one I don't have yet.

And there are a few local challenges you could find now that you've filled in your calendar:

GC3QHCA

GC2Q2B7

GC44TTT

GC3R407

GC35W61

:D

Let's see....

The Colorado DeLorme challenge

The Colorado 64 county challenge

The well traveled cacher challenge

The well traveled vertical cacher-250 feet- challenge

The Escoffier Challenge

2000-2001 Colorado Oldies

2002 Colorado Oldies

2003 Colorado Oldies

2004 Colorado Oldies

2005 Colorado Oldies

4 Corners Challenge

And probably a few more that I can't recall off hand.

Is that enough for you?? :lol:

Ah yes, I'm slowly working on the quadrangle challenge too. Haven't been actively seeking out new quadrangles, but I do check every once in awhile to see if I have happened to pass through one and found a cache, or if I'm traveling in the Bay Area and have time to stop, I try to check if I'm passing through one I don't have yet.

Ah yes! We did one for the Copenhagen area one and really loved it as it gets us traveling a bit. There's another one for the island Copenhagen sits on which we probably won't manage as we don't own a car. I'm sure there's also one for the whole country, which unfortunately is completely out of the question. Oh well...

We have a few more running in the background, like the Jasmer, a tripple alphabet and filling up the D/T grid, but those are really long-term goals.

I would newer accept a challenge that will force me not to take some types of caches

like a D/T over 4 challenge, this means alt caches with under 4 DT I need to pass by.. no way !!

I agree

We often spend a whole day doing series on hiking trails, bike trails and logging roads, etc. These caches rarely have a T larger then 3 or a difficulty larger than 2. If we had to skip these great caching trips and caching days and adventures, we might as well stop caching.

Our D/T is currently 1.71/1.78

As for our D/T matrix we have 2 still missing and we are not looking to complete it as there are no caches around that will help.

I'm working on:

State Parks Challenge - Texas (25)

250 Texas Cemetery Challenge

AlphaNumeric Cacher Name Challenge

The #@$%&? 2013 ABC Challenge!

I've qualified for these, just haven't gone after the final cache yet:

AlphaNumeric Cache Name Challenge

The Best of Austin 2011 Challenge Cache

Double Your (Cache) Pleasure Challenge

United States Presidential Challenge

Clearly I don't rush out to complete challenges. I just go about my normal caching and let destiny dictate when and how I qualify for them and when I complete them.

Edited by Semper Questio

I agree

We often spend a whole day doing series on hiking trails, bike trails and logging roads, etc. These caches rarely have a T larger then 3 or a difficulty larger than 2. If we had to skip these great caching trips and caching days and adventures, we might as well stop caching.

Our D/T is currently 1.71/1.78

As for our D/T matrix we have 2 still missing and we are not looking to complete it as there are no caches around that will help.

The challenge I'm working on is that my combined average D/T needs to be 4 or higher. So D 2.1/T 1.9 would work, or D 2/T 2 would work... any combination that gets the total to 4.

And yes, it means that I no longer go after urban P&Gs, but instead focus mainly on those nice hiking trails, bike trails, dirt roads, and puzzles. And I'm now challenging myself to go after caches with higher D or T that I might have skipped before. Overall I feel like the quality of caches I find is higher and generally the whole experience is more enjoyable. It just took a bit of convincing/reminding myself that I don't have to find every cache out there. Or once I finish the challenge, those caches will still be waiting for me.

And if there's a lower D/T cache I want to find or event I want to go to, I don't sweat it - I find it. Or go to it. :D

Inadvertently working on a "turn that frown upside down" challenge. :lol:

The problem is that we're not often enthused enough to go back and search for dnf's often. There's a few, but most often happens is that we end up posting more than one dnf for a cache. Three times looking and not finding, we delete the cache from the gps.

The "dnf to found" challenge I'm looking at requires finding 100 previous dnf's. I'm just not that commiitted. :lol:

B.

We are chipping away at many challenges: in addition to the standard Jasmer, Fitzy, and "Hidden Date" challenges these are some others we are following and pick up a cache or two on our caching excursions. We like the research and planning,the variety, and the travel aspects of meeting these challenges.

Alberta Lonely Cache Challenge (Now Archived but enjoy the concept and are still completing it)

Alberta Alphanumeric Hider Challenge

Discover Alberta Challenge

Alberta Provincial Parks Part One of Triple Crown

The MD`s Of AB Part Two of Triple Crown Challenge

Mapsheets AB, final Triple Crown Jewel Challenge

The Bingo! Challenge

GC30C3M The Say Challenge

44° Challenge

To log a find, you must find 44 caches of any type, all within .44 mi. north or south of the 44° line. I've found 23 qualifying caches so far, so I have a ways to go.

I'm also working on The Hawkeye State's '81' Challenge. That requires having your D/T grid filled up, with at least half of the qualifying caches from the state of Iowa. You also have to have at least one of each currently available type, with the exception of APE caches and MEGA events (Traditional Cache - Multi Cache - Mystery Cache - Virtual Cache - Letterbox Hybrid - EarthCache - Webcam Cache - Event Cache - Wherigo Cache). I have found all the required types, and the required Iowa caches, and I have 64 of the grid spaces filled.

Someday I also hope to qualify for the Iowa DeLorme Challenge, but that will be a while.

I'm working on one challenge to get my combined average D/T to above 4. It's a slow process, but I'm getting there! B)

As in, adding the two numbers together is greater than 4, or as in raising the average to more than D4/T4?

If it's the first one, we'd need to do some work to get there from 1.75/1.73. If it's the second, I'm not sure there are enough 4.5/4.5 or higher caches out there to get us there, so that'd go on the ignore list pretty quick.

Edited by hzoi

I'm working on one challenge to get my combined average D/T to above 4. It's a slow process, but I'm getting there! B)

As in, adding the two numbers together is greater than 4, or as in raising the average to more than D4/T4?

If it's the first one, we'd need to do some work to get there from 1.75/1.73. If it's the second, I'm not sure there are enough 4.5/4.5 or higher caches out there to get us there, so that'd go on the ignore list pretty quick.

Adding them together, the total has to be 4 or greater. There's no way I'd ever get both separately above 4! :o

When I started the challenge, I was at 1.91/1.8, and have gotten up to 2.06/1.9 now. I've enjoyed the challenge! :D

Working on the Washington State Park Centennial Tour challenge which has 103 state parks to visit

Mildly working on the Washington State Cities and Towns Challenge, if its not too big a detour to a town I do not have

Working on a county wide challenge called Skagit County Thomas Guide Challenge. Two grids I need, one has a planned date, the other is a bit more of a challenge so far.

Otherwise, not really working on anything. I do like going to counties I have not been to which forces me to find parks or areas I have not been to before. Getting a bit bored of the same areas over and over.

I'm simultaneously working on a Multimonth Challenge (tougher in July because of its 31-day length) and an alphabet multi challenge. I'm not a huge challege-doer; but a friend convinced me to give it a shot. Several friends have placed new not-broken multis around, which helps immensely. Still, there aren't a lot around here, and many of them are broken.

Also, I'm simultaneously working a 75-day non-traditional streak challenge. After Multimonth, I'll do a Puzzlemonth challenge and make up the remaining days with a bunch of new-ish letterboxes in the area. This will be tough because I don't much enjoy streaking. However, having a few challenges like this under my belt will help me qualify for challenges when I travel.

So glad I didn't obsessively try to clear out everything in a 10-mile radius from home. :grin:

I'm not a fan of challenge caches at all and I'm glad there exists only a single one in my area. I like to select challenges for myself and not having them prescribed by others. What I like very much are long distance hiking multi caches towards the completion of which I'm working sometimes for several months.

This year I completed

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=bc6fc608-511d-4790-91a6-63898366b82c

and

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=00e23785-0a1f-4794-8369-920a194d4714

In 2011 I completed

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=6d831ec0-e0b0-40a0-ba52-3cb2e630de33

I'm considering to start another one of this type as soon as I get the chance to do so.

That's the type of challenge I like to work on and as you omitted the word cache in the thread title I dared to reply in this thread. Every single day spent in that way feels great and the final completion is even more emotional.

Most challenge caches pose rather artifical goals from my point of view I never ever would aim at while following long distance hiking trails is something of independent interest to me that has attracted my interest also in pre-geocaching times.

Cezanne

I'm working on:

State Parks Challenge - Texas (25)

250 Texas Cemetery Challenge

AlphaNumeric Cacher Name Challenge

The #@$%&? 2013 ABC Challenge!

I've qualified for these, just haven't gone after the final cache yet:

AlphaNumeric Cache Name Challenge

The Best of Austin 2011 Challenge Cache

Double Your (Cache) Pleasure Challenge

United States Presidential Challenge

Clearly I don't rush out to complete challenges. I just go about my normal caching and let destiny dictate when and how I qualify for them and when I complete them.

Thank you Semper Questio!! I added those challenges to my watchlist!! Now I have TONS of caches I need to find to complete all those challenges!!! :lol: Guess I better get started!!!

I'm not a fan of challenge caches at all and I'm glad there exists only a single one in my area.

I can understand how you aren't a fan of challenge caches, but I'm curious why you don't like the existence of challenge caches. I'm not a fan of squash, but I'm glad squash courts exist for those who do enjoy the sport.

Squash courts do not have any effect on me if I for example prefer to play badminton. There are quite a lot of challenge caches around (fortunately in my area) that like powertrails change the caching behaviour of many cachers (both as hiding and finding caches is regarded) in a manner that I regard as undesirable for the activity of geocaching.

For example, I do not mind this challenge cache

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=467968dc-2c61-4203-85ea-3f18a1abf83d

as its effects on the geocaching behaviour are harmless.

Some examples for undesirable effects (in my eyes!) of challenge caches:

Cache series with names starting with A, B, C etc are hidden instead of one multi caches.

D/T ratings of caches (in particular events) are chosen in a crazy manner or trackables or logged just to increase the number of trackables logged without having a look at their goals. Find dates for logs are manipulated (not to break streaks) and could cause confusion if a cache that has already gone missing has a found it log at a later date.

From a personal point of view, I prefer goals that I'm setting for myself and which are not based on the caches I have visited and which I'm going to visit.

Cezanne

I'm not a fan of challenge caches at all and I'm glad there exists only a single one in my area.

I can understand how you aren't a fan of challenge caches, but I'm curious why you don't like the existence of challenge caches. I'm not a fan of squash, but I'm glad squash courts exist for those who do enjoy the sport.

Squash courts do not have any effect on me if I for example prefer to play badminton. There are quite a lot of challenge caches around (fortunately [not] in my area) that like powertrails change the caching behaviour of many cachers (both as hiding and finding caches is regarded) in a manner that I regard as undesirable for the activity of geocaching.

Cache series with names starting with A, B, C etc are hidden instead of one multi caches.

D/T ratings of caches (in particular events) are chosen in a crazy manner or trackables or logged just to increase the number of trackables logged without having a look at their goals. Find dates for logs are manipulated (not to break streaks) and could cause confusion if a cache that has already gone missing has a found it log at a later date.

First, remember that all types of caches have both desirable and undesirable effects. Your favorite multi-cache, for example, might encourage hikers who don't necessarily respect the outdoors. Maybe they'll litter, harass the wildlife, trample sensitive plants, etc. Should we eliminate multi-caches because they can have undesirable effects as well as desirable ones?

Second, challenge caches also can promote the type of caching you enjoy. For instance, challenges (like this one) can encourage people to hide and seek multi-caches with names that start with A, B, C, etc. Or this one, which encourages people to find at least 100 multi-caches. Or this one, which encourages people to get a streak of multi-cache finds that span a calendar month. Or encourage finding at least 25 multi-caches that each have at least a dozen stages. Or encourage finding five multi-caches in each of five countries.

If you're creative, then I'm sure you could think of dozens of other challenges that would help promote your vision for geocaching.

If you're creative, then I'm sure you could think of dozens of other challenges that would help promote your vision for geocaching.

That might well be when looked upon from a more distant point of view. When having a closer look, I'm not so sure. For example, multi caches that are just there to fulfill a certain requirement, are typically not of the type I really enjoy. Somehow challenge caches typically promote reaching some goals and the faster and more efficient the better. So instead of say hiding/finding one 30km hiking cache (regardless of the cache type), a preferred result would be to find/hide many shorter hiking caches.

But probably we should not let this get too far off-topic. My original intention has only been to explain what kind of challenges (not challenge caches) I like to work on with respect to geocaching.

Cezanne

First, remember that all types of caches have both desirable and undesirable effects. Your favorite multi-cache, for example, might encourage hikers who don't necessarily respect the outdoors. Maybe they'll litter, harass the wildlife, trample sensitive plants, etc. Should we eliminate multi-caches because they can have undesirable effects as well as desirable ones?

Second, challenge caches also can promote the type of caching you enjoy. For instance, challenges (like this one) can encourage people to hide and seek multi-caches with names that start with A, B, C, etc. Or this one, which encourages people to find at least 100 multi-caches. Or this one, which encourages people to get a streak of multi-cache finds that span a calendar month. Or encourage finding at least 25 multi-caches that each have at least a dozen stages. Or encourage finding five multi-caches in each of five countries.

Actually, I don't think that those actual challenges really address the undesirable effects that Cezanne suggests. Instead of find 100 caches that start with A, B, C, etc. a find 100 multi caches that start with A, B, C, etc. would just encourage cachers to place mutli-caches instead of traditional caches that start with A, B, C, etc. with no attempt to create a higher quality cache. It's bad enough that numbers driven caching has encouraged cachers to place

100's of caches that seem to exist for no other reason than to the pad the find count for those that are driven by the number of finds. Encouraging cachers to place caches that exist for no other reason other than it meets a criteria for

a local challenge is no better.

I share Cezannes' concerns about challenge caches changing the local geocaching landscape and also feel fortunate that they haven't caught on in my area. I did a 50 mile radius search of my area and could only find 3 challenge caches. One of them was to find 5 of the 10 or so oldest caches in the area and another five at least one cache in each of 8 gorges in the area. While in other areas, challenge caches have become so common that they're reaching a level of absurdity. Someone places a challenge to find at least 10 multi-caches that have at least 5 stages. Then someone else places a challenge to find at least 13 caches that have at least 5 stages, and a challenge to find 10 caches that have at least 7 stages. Some times it seems like a contest to see who can create the most challenges with the strangest criteria and the goal for creating a quality cache the people will actually remember is becoming a lost art.

It's bad enough that numbers driven caching has encouraged cachers to place 100's of caches that seem to exist for no other reason than to the pad the find count for those that are driven by the number of finds. Encouraging cachers to place caches that exist for no other reason other than it meets a criteria for a local challenge is no better.

Many Park & Grab caches will encourage finds by some cachers who like big numbers. Different people enjoy different aspects of geocaching. If you don't like P&Gs, then you don't have to hide or seek them.

The puzzle caches you've hidden might encourage some of their finders to create new puzzle caches, which plenty of other cachers might not enjoy. Nobody is forcing them to find puzzles.

Yes, some challenge caches will encourage hiders/seekers whose preferences differ from yours. But, if you want to encourage hiders/seekers with preferences more similar to yours, then you probably can create a challenge cache that will do so.

I share Cezannes' concerns about challenge caches changing the local geocaching landscape and also feel fortunate that they haven't caught on in my area. I did a 50 mile radius search of my area and could only find 3 challenge caches. One of them was to find 5 of the 10 or so oldest caches in the area and another five at least one cache in each of 8 gorges in the area. While in other areas, challenge caches have become so common that they're reaching a level of absurdity. Someone places a challenge to find at least 10 multi-caches that have at least 5 stages. Then someone else places a challenge to find at least 13 caches that have at least 5 stages, and a challenge to find 10 caches that have at least 7 stages. Some times it seems like a contest to see who can create the most challenges with the strangest criteria and the goal for creating a quality cache the people will actually remember is becoming a lost art.

Just like people who don't enjoy puzzle caches can opt to ignore them, you can ignore challenge caches that have silly criteria. You also could create some challenges that help promote your vision for geocaching.

It's bad enough that numbers driven caching has encouraged cachers to place 100's of caches that seem to exist for no other reason than to the pad the find count for those that are driven by the number of finds. Encouraging cachers to place caches that exist for no other reason other than it meets a criteria for a local challenge is no better.

Many Park & Grab caches will encourage finds by some cachers who like big numbers. Different people enjoy different aspects of geocaching. If you don't like P&Gs, then you don't have to hide or seek them.

The puzzle caches you've hidden might encourage some of their finders to create new puzzle caches, which plenty of other cachers might not enjoy. Nobody is forcing them to find puzzles.

Yes, some challenge caches will encourage hiders/seekers whose preferences differ from yours. But, if you want to encourage hiders/seekers with preferences more similar to yours, then you probably can create a challenge cache that will do so.

Just like people who don't enjoy puzzle caches can opt to ignore them, you can ignore challenge caches that have silly criteria. You also could create some challenges that help promote your vision for geocaching.

Sorry, I don't buy the "if you don't like them, just don't play that way" argument as it ignores the notion of scale.

If caches are being placed just for the numbers, the number of caches and the amount of real estate they take up due to proximity guideline restrictions may potentially saturate an area such that there isn't room for anything other type of cache.

Although there are certainly a few places in the world where there is a proportionally high number of puzzle caches I doubt that we'll ever see a day when an area is almost completely saturated with puzzle caches.

Caches placed for no other reason than to pad the find count of numbers hounds changes the local geocaching landscape to a far greater extent than placing a handful of puzzle, multi, or difficult creative hides simply due to the number of caches of each type.

My current challenge is to figure out how to continue my normal geocaching routine while at the same time ethically avoiding all August souvenirs.
In the past, didn't we need to log finds within a given period to qualify for date-based souvenirs?

How long would you need to wait to log your August caches before you no longer automatically received the August souvenirs?

But I digress...

My current challenge is to figure out how to continue my normal geocaching routine while at the same time ethically avoiding all August souvenirs.
In the past, didn't we need to log finds within a given period to qualify for date-based souvenirs?

How long would you need to wait to log your August caches before you no longer automatically received the August souvenirs?

But I digress...

I've heard they've taken the time restriction out. It wouldn't matter if you waited a year to log your find, you'd still get the souvenir.

My challenge now is to see if I can get all 31 souvenirs (logging honestly, of course). B)

Edited by Kacher82

Although there are certainly a few places in the world where there is a proportionally high number of puzzle caches I doubt that we'll ever see a day when an area is almost completely saturated with puzzle caches.

And I doubt we'll ever see a day when an area is almost completely saturated with challenge caches (and all the caches they encourage).

Again, if you don't like challenge caches (especially those you deem to have silly requirements), then it's really not that hard to ignore them. Meanwhile, those who do enjoy challenge caches can go ahead and complete/find them.

I love a good challenge! I'm currently working most actively working on:

Cache Copycat: anOTHER Challenge

I'm on day 12 of a 30 day streak of "other" caches

Baker's Dozen

I just need to complete a 10-cache and a 12-cache day; I try to do these larger days when I'm outside of my community

SFVG Alphabet Soup Challenge"

We currently are up to the "V" in spelling out San Fernando Valley Geocachers in chronological order.

I also keep tabs on my progress of the Jasmer challenge and D/T matrix, of course. But I'm only approaching halfway on them...we just discovered geocaching this Spring. I also keep an eye on my progress for The Forgotten Challenge and we're streaking too, to catch the 365+ day challenges (currently on day 94).

Yes, I am slightly obsessive. I like to check the box and say "Done!" It's a collection of experiences for me and my daughter, and some of the challenges have steered us towards caches we may not have otherwise noticed or gone after.