New Garmin 600 series GPSr for "Your GPS"

halhal

I recently acquired a Garmin Oregon 650 GPSr. I'd like to add that to my "Your GPS" section of my page. I'm guessing this is in progress, but in case it got overlooked it would good to get implemented some time soon. None of the 600 series are there yet.

As a brief review -- it is a very nice GPSr with lots of options for geocaching and other traveling experiences. It does not include a "Where-I-Go" option like the Oregon 300. The new 'adventures' feature is something that is promoted at the Garmin site.

Hal

I noticed that and emailed Groundspeak some time ago, beginning of June I think once I received the Oregon 600. Hopefully this feature should be coming soon. They are nice units.

I emailed them about this recently too. Not sure why it's taking so long - surely it can't be that hard to add these new models to the system!

I emailed them about this recently too. Not sure why it's taking so long - surely it can't be that hard to add these new models to the system!

It's an extremely low priority change. The only thing that happens when you add a device to your list (other than showing up in your device list) is that the number of "Owned" in the GPS Reviews section goes up by one for that device. I would think fixing bugs and completing the many half-completed features are much more important, so changes like this one get bumped down the list.

It's an extremely low priority change. The only thing that happens when you add a device to your list (other than showing up in your device list) is that the number of "Owned" in the GPS Reviews section goes up by one for that device. I would think fixing bugs and completing the many half-completed features are much more important, so changes like this one get bumped down the list.

This *change* is not exactly brain surgery. They have a system for selecting owned GPS units and being able to provide a review of them. Frankly, at this stage I'd like to give my Oregon 650 about a 2 star review, but that's another story. This *change* should amount to no more than adding a couple of text items to a list in a table somewhere in their database. Perhaps doing that instead of creating 31 souvenirs for August...? ;)

How come this hasn't been implemented yet?

... maybe because the request isn't even a year old? :o)

I second your suggestion, not owning one myself, considering that yes, bugfixing may have higher priorities but it can't be that _that_ much fixing has to be made, to ignore a normal data maintenance task like including a new GPSr to the selection.

Edited by ubbie66

How come this hasn't been implemented yet?

... maybe because the request isn't even a year old? :o)

I second your suggestion, not owning one myself, considering that yes, bugfixing may have higher priorities but it can't be that _that_ much fixing has to be made, to ignore a normal data maintenance task like including a new GPSr to the selection.

I too, have this device.

I also work with a Sony Xperia Z smartphone w/ geocache app. Not listed either.