Etrex 20 Update to verion 3.0

ADKer

I am currently running 2.80 on my etrex 20, it has been fine so far. Should I be upgrading to version 3.0? I use my GPS for Geocaching (obviously) and creating trails. Is the update worth it? Will it improve anything that I use it for?

Thanks.

I am currently running 2.80 on my etrex 20, it has been fine so far. Should I be upgrading to version 3.0? I use my GPS for Geocaching (obviously) and creating trails. Is the update worth it? Will it improve anything that I use it for?

Thanks.

I had no problems at all with version 3.0 but keep in mind that version 3.10 has just been released. I've yet to use my device since updating to the latest version. Go back on the forum to read what people had to say regarding version 3.0, to see if it's right for you.

Thanks.

I had no problems at all with version 3.0 but keep in mind that version 3.10 has just been released. I've yet to use my device since updating to the latest version. Go back on the forum to read what people had to say regarding version 3.0, to see if it's right for you.

I may be just bad at using these forums (I don't use them too often), but I can't seem to find any other discussions on this topic. If you, or anyone, could give me a link, that would be great! :)

I say, if you are satisfied and it ain't broken - don't fix it.

I was ready to praise the v3.x software for these receivers as I've had few problems... quite recently, however, I've on several occasions had the heading freeze (!) - that's certainly a new one...

Thanks.

I had a few issues with my Etrex 20 after doing the update but since I did a factory reset it has behaved much better. I would recommend doing a FR now after every firmware update :-

https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId=%7Bd10af480-1fc5-11e1-73d0-000000000000%7D

Hi,

When I change between profiles I lose LOCK ON ROAD

I already sent this to Garmin but they no reply for this particular issue.

Thanks for the info. That's troublesome as the purpose of profiles is to create settings for a particular use. Indeed one of my profiles is to get me near a cache via roads, then I switch to a profile that takes me off road. I'll stick with 2.80.