Lost satellite signals

GPS Info - Magellan Gold w/ software ver. 4.02

While driving between Westwood, CA (N40.31 / W121.00) and Burney, CA (N40.88 / W121.67) this past Saturday (7-19), I lost ALL satellite signal. I was looking at the satellite/signal strength screen and it went completly blank except for the two concentric rings and the cardinal point letters (N-S-E-W)One moment I have 8+ satellites at full signal strength and the next everything satellite was gone.

As I neared Burney, satellite started popping back in and as I arrived home, I once again had 8+ satellites at full signal strength.

Has anyone else experience this phenomenon?

Not quite the same, but I was spending the night in Astoria, Oregon. When I started up my Yellow Peril in the morning that was all I saw. There were no sats showing and the bottom of the screen showed nothing, but dashes. Never happened before and it has not happened since. I did get signals shortly after turning it on and proceeded to do five caches that day.

Weight Man

Happened to me multiple times

I have a Magellan Meridian running same version. One time for over 10 minutes after turning it on I still didn't have sat signal. I did still have the power bar at the bottom though. Also with the 12v cord it happened too so I dought it is a power issue. I've also had times where the unit will jump to the startup screen when I am trying to go to a stored waypoint. I've been tempted to revert back to an older version, but Magellan has pulled the code from the website and also I haven't heard of anybody downgrading.

I have exactly the same problem with my Magellan with 4.02 version, I had installed the 4.06 version on my magellan and i have more problems with sat reception, i have to waste more time waiting for establish the sat's signal.

I call to Magellan support of my country and they suggest me to reinstall the 4.02 version, it's work better but i have your problem too.

I reported this problems to Magellan ant they don't reply my email.

Then I think that the problem is in the 4.06 version software, not in the unit. I have the Sportrack Pro.

If I have learned something in my experience of hardware and software repairment is that if the version 1.0.0.1 of the firmware already works well for you, better not to try to upgrade it at the 1.0.0.2