Question About Souvenirs

I have a question concerning souvenirs. I know there are souvenirs for each state, and several countries. Is there anywhere I can go to see what souvenirs are available, and what the rules are for earning that souvenir?

This site: http://blog.geocaching.com/2010/11/geocaching-com-souvenirs/ Shows the different souvenirs, some are self-explanatory, others you can find by researching them by googling them.

I have a question concerning souvenirs. I know there are souvenirs for each state, and several countries. Is there anywhere I can go to see what souvenirs are available, and what the rules are for earning that souvenir?

Help Center

1.1. Souvenirs

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=272

http://www.geocaching.com/about/souvenirs.aspx

https://sites.google.com/site/theateamcaching/home/souvenirs

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Help Center

1.1. Souvenirs

http://support.Groun...=kb.page&id=272

http://www.geocachin.../souvenirs.aspx

https://sites.google.../home/souvenirs

B.

That last link (to a site created by A-Team) is the most complete. The one for the geocaching.com blog post does not have any of the 22 or so country based souvenirs that were released several months ago.

That last link (to a site created by A-Team) is the most complete. The one for the geocaching.com blog post does not have any of the 22 or so country based souvenirs that were released several months ago.

Nor does the blog post have CITO 2013, WWFM VIII or X, all the Megas, and a few other miscellaneous souvenirs.

BTW, thanks for the vote of confidence!

Nor does the blog post have CITO 2013, WWFM VIII or X, all the Megas, and a few other miscellaneous souvenirs.

BTW, thanks for the vote of confidence!

My pleasure. Of course, I have to ask...are you going to add the 31 souvenirs of August to the list as individual souvenirs or as a group?

...are you going to add the 31 souvenirs of August to the list as individual souvenirs or as a group?

I was planning on linking to all 31, but I'll have to think of a way to do it without adding 31 lines to my list. It's already getting a bit long. I might split the list up into several pages. One for date-based, one for country-based, one for Megas...

i have done caches in california washington idaho and texas...but the texas souvenir doesnt show on my phone app, it shows up on profile page, so why is that? is it proximaty driven?

thanks...

I'm just speculating here, but this may be due to the way souvenirs are displayed on the site and in the phone app. When displaying souvenirs on the web page, the list of souvenir thumbnails that you see on the souvenirs tab is dynamically generated. The web site displays content by initiating a request to the web server, in this case asking for a list of souvenirs that have been awarded, then displays the page of thumbnails with a link to the full artwork.

The phone app is a program that runs natively on your phone. It's not making requests to the web server to get a list of souvenirs. At least on the iPhone version, souvenirs (and saved pocket queries) are in a "Saved" section and I suspect that the list of souvenirs is actually produced from a list of souvenir thumbnails and full artwork that is "saved" in the app at the time the souvenir was awarded. In other words, a copy of the thumbnail and full artwork *should* have been saved in the app at the time each souvenir was awarded. If you're find occurred before that souvenir was released it should have been awarded retroactively. If a cache was found after released it would have been awarded when the found it log was posted.

Something you could try doing is to find your log from cache found in Texas, take note of the date when it was posted, copy the text of the log, then delete the log and re-log it (and set the date to when it was found). The system may still think it has already awarded you a Texas souvenir and it won't reward a souvenir for Texas, and in that case you'll probably have to ask GS to remove the souvenir, and then re-posting a found it log should fix things.

Something you could try doing is to find your log from cache found in Texas, take note of the date when it was posted, copy the text of the log, then delete the log and re-log it (and set the date to when it was found). The system may still think it has already awarded you a Texas souvenir and it won't reward a souvenir for Texas, and in that case you'll probably have to ask GS to remove the souvenir, and then re-posting a found it log should fix things.

Before messing around with deleting and re-logging, I'd suggest simply logging out of the app and logging back in. That may force it to re-download your profile information, including the souvenirs.

Does anyone know if a souvenir will be coming out for Italy? I went there last year and did some geocaching. I met some very nice Italian cachers. How about Costa Rica as well?

When Groundspeak released the last batch of souvenirs around the time of the 2,000,000th published cache, they stated that they would not be releasing more country based souvenirs. Countries such as Italy, Belgium, Mexico, Costa Rica, and about 200 other countries did not make the cut and thus souvenirs are only available for countries with largest numbers of caches. I started a thread in the features and suggestions to continue releasing country based souvenirs a couple of days after Groundspeak said that would stop releasing them and it's had a considerable amount of support. Just recently, however, in response to a request for a souvenir for Puerto Rico, there was an indication that GS might release more country based souvenirs but there hasn't been any sort of commitment or timeline.

If GS did start to release more country based souvenirs, Italy would likely be at the top of the list but there are probably a few countries that would be ahead of Costa Rica. Personally, I'd like to see souvenirs for both countries as they're two of my favorite places in the world and I've found caches in both of them.

Does anyone know if a souvenir will be coming out for Italy? I went there last year and did some geocaching. I met some very nice Italian cachers. How about Costa Rica as well?

When Groundspeak released the last batch of souvenirs around the time of the 2,000,000th published cache, they stated that they would not be releasing more country based souvenirs. Countries such as Italy, Belgium, Mexico, Costa Rica, and about 200 other countries did not make the cut and thus souvenirs are only available for countries with largest numbers of caches. I started a thread in the features and suggestions to continue releasing country based souvenirs a couple of days after Groundspeak said that would stop releasing them and it's had a considerable amount of support. Just recently, however, in response to a request for a souvenir for Puerto Rico, there was an indication that GS might release more country based souvenirs but there hasn't been any sort of commitment or timeline.

If GS did start to release more country based souvenirs, Italy would likely be at the top of the list but there are probably a few countries that would be ahead of Costa Rica. Personally, I'd like to see souvenirs for both countries as they're two of my favorite places in the world and I've found caches in both of them.

Darn, I worked so hard to convince my non-geocaching travelling partner to humour me as I searched for a cache in Venice so I could collect a souvenir. How disappointing to find out that there is none for Italy.