Pocket Query to GPS

acachebox

I have ordered a PQ and can see it as a preview,68 caches, but how do I get it to download to my computer?

The PQ shows on my list of PQ but is listed as NEVER GENERATED

You need to select a day for it to run. If you don't select a day you can preview it but it won't generate a download. So, assuming you want it ASAP, select Wednesday under "Days to Generate" (the first box in the PQ set-up). Once you submit it, it should run and generate a download within 15 minutes.

I have ordered a PQ and can see it as a preview,68 caches, but how do I get it to download to my computer?

The PQ shows on my list of PQ but is listed as NEVER GENERATED

You need to select a day for it to run. If you don't select a day you can preview it but it won't generate a download. So, assuming you want it ASAP, select Wednesday under "Days to Generate" (the first box in the PQ set-up). Once you submit it, it should run and generate a download within 15 minutes.

I have gotten this notification with an attachment that I opened and extracted the contents to this location noted below.

Here are the Pocket Query search results in the formats you requested.

11641077.gpx: GPX is an extended GPS exchange format that can be read by both EasyGPS and ExpertGPS, as well as various other software applications. The latest version of EasyGPS can be downloaded in the Resource section of Geocaching.com under Geocaching Software. You will need the latest version to read this format.

C:\Documents and Settings\Howard\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\60PLEI70\11641077

I am lost. This is nothing like i have ever seen before. Can I get my PQ or should i start over?

Now when I look at my list of PQ there is a LINE drawn through the one in question.

Edited by acachebox

So, when you unzipped the attachment, you should have gotten two GPX files (or possibly only one, if there were no waypoints associated with the caches you had in your PQ).

Don't try to open the GPX files - there really isn't any reason to unless you want to load them into a database like GSAK or look at them on Google Earth.

To get them on your GPS unit, connect it to your computer and then open it like you would a usb drive - so you can see the files inside. You can just drag and drop the GPX files into the corresponding folders on your GPS unit. For example, in a Garmin there's a folder for GPX files - both of your GPX files can go in this folder. On a Magellan, there's a folder for "Geocaches" and a folder for "Waypoints," and the two files would go into the corresponding folders.

So, in this case, it looks like you saved the files to your "Temporary Internet Files" folder. So open that folder up to find the GPX files, and then just drag them and drop them into your GPS unit's folders.

So, when you unzipped the attachment, you should have gotten two GPX files (or possibly only one, if there were no waypoints associated with the caches you had in your PQ).

Don't try to open the GPX files - there really isn't any reason to unless you want to load them into a database like GSAK or look at them on Google Earth.

To get them on your GPS unit, connect it to your computer and then open it like you would a usb drive - so you can see the files inside. You can just drag and drop the GPX files into the corresponding folders on your GPS unit. For example, in a Garmin there's a folder for GPX files - both of your GPX files can go in this folder. On a Magellan, there's a folder for "Geocaches" and a folder for "Waypoints," and the two files would go into the corresponding folders.

So, in this case, it looks like you saved the files to your "Temporary Internet Files" folder. So open that folder up to find the GPX files, and then just drag them and drop them into your GPS unit's folders.

Muddled through it. The problem is my computer saved the files directly to the TIF. I would like to be able to save them to a file I can get to more easily. Will have to work on that next time.

In your email client, there is usually a link or something to click on that will allow you to move the attachment from the temp folder to somewhere more reasonable. Alternatively, you can go to the Pocket Queries main page and click on the "Pocket Queries ready for download" tab and download from there.