Release Notes - July 9, 2013

How do I tell you guys that I really LIKE this?

picture0001.png

Yep, and the link to "Logged on" is working B)

I not only like that, but I also like that it will show a previous DNF as well!

Yep. And, it will probably save me a lot of work with my friend who is NOTORIOUS for double logging finds. He never saw or paid attention to the old "You logged this...", and I told him, if he logs anymore doubles he's going to get his fingers smacked with a ruler. :P

Not sure what happened last week when the site was updated. But ever since, I have not been able to login to the site. This morning, I can now login, but the My page gives me a 500 error. This happened after the last release as well.

Try clearing your browser's cache. Should work then.

Does Groundspeak get some kind of kick out of needlessly breaking things every new release? Waypoint Finder greasemonkey (which provides a feature that really ought to be built in to the site) is broken. Again.

You know, a release which actually made bookmarks useful, or contained some other actual improvement, would provide a lot more value than the useless cosmetic makeovers we keep seeing.

Does Groundspeak get some kind of kick out of needlessly breaking things every new release? Waypoint Finder greasemonkey (which provides a feature that really ought to be built in to the site) is broken. Again.

You know, a release which actually made bookmarks useful, or contained some other actual improvement, would provide a lot more value than the useless cosmetic makeovers we keep seeing.

GC Little Helper is broke again as well, and the author has had to fix it twice in the last two weeks, including just a few days ago. The biggy is Waypoint Finder. It's simply unbelievable that we have to rely on a third party addon to have a geocache search box on a geocaching.com web page. The custom menu is also sorely missed.

GC Little Helper is broke again as well, and the author has had to fix it twice in the last two weeks, including just a few days ago. The biggy is Waypoint Finder. It's simply unbelievable that we have to rely on a third party addon to have a geocache search box on a geocaching.com web page. The custom menu is also sorely missed.

That out of all the Greasemonkey add ons, is the best thing yet and I too can't believe they haven't thought to put it on the banner, but hey I guess removing the mountain background is important! Guess it distracts us. :blink:

Edited by jellis

That out of all the Greasemonkey add ons, is the best thing yet and I too can't believe they haven't thought to put it on the banner, but hey I guess removing the mountain background is important! Guess it distracts us. :blink:

And can one of you guys tell where I can find the fix once someone fixes it?

Very strange things happen. Om some listings my VIP-list shows, the link to "show area on Google maps" is shown and the hint is already decrypted, on other cachelistings none of these things work. Same goes for thumbnails in logs and as spoilers, on some listings it works on others it doesn't.

Looks like it's a game to break things on gc so GM-script developers can fix them.

Whatever this release was about, it did not fix the Opera Mini bug.

I still get the 403.6-Error when trying to access any cache listing from my mobile.

...and the latest update doesn't seem to have fixed it either! :(

It wouldn't be so bad if Groundspeak at least acknowledged some of the posts about the Opera Mini bug that people keep making here and on the related thread in the Bugs forum. But no, complete silence... :mad:

...and before anyone else makes any more sarky comments about using a different browser, I simply don't have that option with my phone!

Can someone tell me how to post an Owner Maintenance log to my own cache now? Or an Update Coordinates log? Those options seem to be missing from the menu now.

Both options appear in the log type drop down on the log page that you get to by selecting log your visit on the listing page. I did not try to see if they actually log.