Mission 6:Japan -Revisited-

Guest Random

Guest Random

Hey there...I'm relatively new to geocaching (going on about a week now, with 9 caches) and just found out about these APE missions tonight. I got curious about the Japan one since 1.) No one seems to have found it

and 2.) I have a pretty good friend who's living on-base in Tokyo right now. I filled her in on "all that is geocaching" and she's definitely interested now. My question to you guys is if anyone has any specific knowledge on this specific Mission (ie: misc info that they may have researched regarding the area) that may be of help to my friend. At this point her biggest goal is finding someone with a GPS since she doesn't have one.

I figured if I fed her some other details it may increase the chances of her finding someone to tag along with on the hunt. Anyway, if anyone has some info, I'd definitely be interested. Thanks

P.S. I posted this as a new Topic because I wasn't sure if people were still reading the old post's responses. Sorry if that breaks any posting etiquette

Guest Iron Chef

regarding the area) that may be of help to my friend. At this point her biggest goal is finding someone with a GPS since she doesn't have one.

I figured if I fed her some other details it may increase the chances of her finding someone to tag along with on the hunt. Anyway, if anyone has some info, I'd definitely be interested. Thanks

P.S. I posted this as a new Topic because I wasn't sure if people were still reading the old post's responses. Sorry if that breaks any posting etiquette

You might not want to get her too hooked... not many caches in Japan ;~)

Guest makaio

On the other hand, she might contact some local Japanese media to join her in her search. Geocaching is something that would be right up their alley, given their fascination with technology, gadgets and games. One well written article or TV spot could cause geocaching to explode in the Far East.

Regarding your original question, I think the only information any of us have about it is what's posted on the Project APE Japan cache posting. All she really needs is a GPS and the coordinates.

[This message has been edited by makaio (edited 14 July 2001).]

Guest Random

quote:
Originally posted by makaio:

Regarding your original question, I think the only information any of us have about it is what's posted on the Project APE Japan cache posting. All she really needs is a GPS and the coordinates.

[This message has been edited by makaio (edited 14 July 2001).][/b]

I kinda figured as much. Just thought I'd ask to be sure though. Thanks for your prompt responses.

Guest cache_ninja

she should contact some newspaper/media, i bet they would go with her and maybe even provide a gps. i bet there are tonso f places to buy a gps unit..gadgets are big over there..and i think the appeal of hiding cute little things for people migth catch on, i have a feeling it just hasnt gotten much press/exposure over there...it seems like somethign that would obviously be very big once people find out about it. the only obstacle at the moment is that this url is primarily in english...