Waymarking App?

Hi,

does anybody know any statements from Groundspeak's side if there will ever be a mobile phone app for Waymarking?

The "just webpage" thing is kind of odd, especially when you are travelling (or your are out geocaching) and just want to do a quick check if any waymarks are around.

I mean a very basic app would be initially sufficient - just read the GPS coords from the smartphone's sensor and display waymarks close-by. That's it. Online logging may be nice, but not necessarily necessary (especially as a "read-only" API for just retrieving waymarks is easier to implement on the server side than a read/write).

Regards, Jochen

Hi,

does anybody know any statements from Groundspeak's side if there will ever be a mobile phone app for Waymarking?

The "just webpage" thing is kind of odd, especially when you are travelling (or your are out geocaching) and just want to do a quick check if any waymarks are around.

I mean a very basic app would be initially sufficient - just read the GPS coords from the smartphone's sensor and display waymarks close-by. That's it. Online logging may be nice, but not necessarily necessary (especially as a "read-only" API for just retrieving waymarks is easier to implement on the server side than a read/write).

Regards, Jochen

Hi Jochen,

I would check the forum first. There are all infos you need about that.

-lumbricus