An unsettling mystery

anne.and.eli

Stumbled across this thread... what a cool coin! I'm not really savy to the world of H.P. Lovecraft, but I got sucked in to a terror of a cache series here in Southern NM and Far-west Texas (link to final of that series). If any cache-series was designed to drive you insane, this is it. Anyhow, the CO for that series included pathtags in the final.

blueprint.jpg

I am sure the CO for this series would love to stumble across one of the coins shown in this thread. As would I...

I can feel it, my mind has stopped the slipping into the madness. It started Saturday night, I started to fell weird, or is it normal. My slipping into the madness has stopped. I didn't know why until we got back to our room and unloaded my bag. What to my surprise, I find the toke that is the cure to the madness. It took a trip down under, but it was worth it.

Thank you very nice for trying to save us!

390d2ffb-ad56-433e-a98b-284c039df993.jpg?rnd=0.2661206

I can feel it, my mind has stopped the slipping into the madness. It started Saturday night, I started to fell weird, or is it normal. My slipping into the madness has stopped. I didn't know why until we got back to our room and unloaded my bag. What to my surprise, I find the toke that is the cure to the madness. It took a trip down under, but it was worth it.

Thank you very nice for trying to save us!

390d2ffb-ad56-433e-a98b-284c039df993.jpg?rnd=0.2661206

Wow !! a down under save!! Congrats and have a fantastic adventure! B)

Geat responsibility has been bestowed on me. I took a picture of the envelope and sent it to some friends (both geocachers and muggles), saying "I got a wierd envelope in the mail. I havent opened it yet. Have you seen one of these envelopes before? I've only seen pictures of this particular envelop."

9e5182b2-bdd2-44e3-a0cf-4284a90ba67e.jpg

4d1c0b1f-e555-48c4-b792-b47aeb1154a8.jpg

I arrived home today after a maddening Monday at work today to find a curious black bubble mailer in the mailbox. I was expecting a personal coin from Strombus. Could this be it? The label was immediately identifiable to me as being from the mystery coin giver, J. He is finding those of us he feels he can help cope with our madness and give us this curious coin to focus us and keep us in reality. Since I do seem to have some madness with geocoin collecting, according to my family, I shall keep this token at the center of it all. This is what I need. Now I have to search out 2 other coiners who are in dire straits and need this token. I shall be traveling to an event soon and will keep my eye out for odd behaving cachers who also have an addiction to shiny objects. Shouldn't be difficult. Thank you mystery coin giver for your unbelievable generosity. This coin is very special to me as is the story that accompanies it. I will carry out your wishes.

I arrived home today after a maddening Monday at work today to find a curious black bubble mailer in the mailbox. I was expecting a personal coin from Strombus. Could this be it? The label was immediately identifiable to me as being from the mystery coin giver, J. He is finding those of us he feels he can help cope with our madness and give us this curious coin to focus us and keep us in reality. Since I do seem to have some madness with geocoin collecting, according to my family, I shall keep this token at the center of it all. This is what I need. Now I have to search out 2 other coiners who are in dire straits and need this token. I shall be traveling to an event soon and will keep my eye out for odd behaving cachers who also have an addiction to shiny objects. Shouldn't be difficult. Thank you mystery coin giver for your unbelievable generosity. This coin is very special to me as is the story that accompanies it. I will carry out your wishes.

WOW!! Congratulations. We can only hope one day ...... :blink:

Congratulations on being one of the lucky ones to recieve these coins!

Cthulhu is happy for you too!

errtSBc.jpg

:lol::blink:

It's so great to see that these coins are still being sent out.

Perhaps one day Great Cthulhu will consider me worthy to receive them and spread his madness here in the United Kindom.

:antenna:

It's never too late. And we all know you are slipping fast. (LOL)

I've been absent from the geocoin forum pretty much since last fall; sold off a bunch of my purchased geocoins after deciding that I was retiring from coin collecting. So you can imagine my surprise when I find a black bubble mailer in my mailbox yesterday! A totally unexpected, but awesome surprise at that! Thanks so much to the mystery coiner for thinking about me! I will have to find a few other recipients for the extra ones - I'm sure I can save two more souls from madness! :lol: This one has a special place in my heart, being a Cthulhu fan and all. :laughing:

IMGP0612_zpsa21ed3a4.jpg

'Twas the night before Coinage, when all through the house,

Not a trackable was stirring, not even a mouse;

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But a black envelope presented by my Postal Carrier....

I have returned to my bed, rather hiding UNDER it,

Seeing the mysteries inside, waiting for the other show to hit...

8e7790fe-f035-4d4d-b602-f450bf012140.jpg

AHhhh .... the Mysteries of Life ... and a VERY special treasure indeed,

with my coin addicted partner demanding a new, larger, improved treasure display case. :o

I shall use my discretion and judgement in placing the additional coins at the appropriate moment.

Today at work I sprained my shoulder and stepped on a 2 1/2" long screw... went right through my foot. Finally had enough and called it a day by 11:00 am. Drove 50+ miles home in traffic, and I'm just hiding out for the rest of the day with an ice bag. Anything else happens today I think I will go mad also ... :(

After receiving one of these token down under the madness had slowed for me. Now I have the great honor of receiving a letter from the Department of Anthropology, and more tokens that will be dispatched to other in need of keeping the madness at bay.

dff0ad62-f8e2-48f4-a505-f0667b098b19.jpg?rnd=0.1385615

It's never too late. And we all know you are slipping fast. (LOL) <---- :o how well you know us!!!

An unbelievable occurrence..... as I was reading this thread I heard the mailman's familiar clank of our mailbox outside. We opened the door, reached in, one circular and one black bubble mailer!!!!! It appears we have been saved at the brink, at the last possible moment, by this mysterious benefactor. The enclosed message will be carried out, rest assured. Thank you to whoever saved us from the abyss. From our initial post to our receiving this wonderful coin was less than 24 hours. With renewed strength we claw our way back to sanity!!!!

Edited by JoenSue

It's never too late. And we all know you are slipping fast. (LOL) <---- :o how well you know us!!!

An unbelievable occurrence..... as I was reading this thread I heard the mailman's familiar clank of our mailbox outside. We opened the door, reached in, one circular and one black bubble mailer!!!!! It appears we have been saved at the brink, at the last possible moment, by this mysterious benefactor. The enclosed message will be carried out, rest assured. Thank you to whoever saved us from the abyss. From our initial post to our receiving this wonderful coin was less than 24 hours. With renewed strength we claw our way back to sanity!!!!

Congrats on the coin...but sanity? for you two?... I hope not! I like your craziness! :P

Today we were blessed with receiving a Mystery Geocoin in the mail: Two we will place in caches amongst our travels or on our Geocaching Adventures. Thank You Mystery Geocoiner! This morning it was dark and gray and now the sun it trying to burn thru those evil clouds. You came at just the right time for a nice weekend. We rally need it for our annual event held by Wisconsin Geocaching Association Spring Camp-out at Mirror Lake. Keep On Caching!10325275_510093212428252_5265603695991085386_n.jpg1907305_510093252428248_8218440833949157322_n.jpg10277930_510093159094924_8670698655992408215_n.jpg

Edited by sweetlife

today's descent into the netherworld of my mind was hastened by unexpected snarky words from a co-worker. but the madness was pushed aside by the arrival of this wonderful coin. it brightened my spirits and attitude for the evening assignment. and thus good photos were made, fun was had and a smiling me is still sitting here not quite sure what to say other than "thank you."

now to figure out how to properly to move the other two along. do i send anonymously? do i share the story? do i drop into a cache where it might be picked up by unappreciative people?

i think perhaps send to newbies to add to their joy of the wonderful and maddening addiction of geocoins. yes, i think that.

14135259755_ce9c89eaf5_c.jpg

thank you again J.

i am so happy for you!

i am so happy for you!

And happy for you too..... it's amazing how these gifts of kindness effect you. They seem to come at the most appropriates time. :)

i was wondering about adding this coin to cointracking and what it is or should be called or if it is already there - i didn't find it. thoughts anyone?

i heard from the mystery sender and he says the name of the coin is "CthulhuCacher"

not sure when the search will turn that up on cointracking.

Edited by RedShoesGirl

i was wondering about adding this coin to cointracking and what it is or should be called or if it is already there - i didn't find it. thoughts anyone?

i heard from the mystery sender and he says the name of the coin is "CthulhuCacher"

not sure when the search will turn that up on cointracking.

I put it in my seeking list with the name Mystery - CthulhuCacher.

So if you do a search on that, you will find my entry.

Adding a coin edition on cointracking is generally done by the people who create / want to sell their coin.

If you hear from the mystery sender that they would prefer I use the other side (I used the star side) in the picture on cointracking, let me know and I will switch what I have in my entry.

I picked up my mail from earlier in the week and found a black mailer. It has been total absolute madness around here and I was clueless with my mind being elsewhere (or completely gone a few might say!). I opened it up to find this coin! I was shocked! :D I have to carry this around in my pocket from now on and maybe the madness that is me will slowly leave my body and leave me whole again. But then again if it leaves how could I be whole? :laughing: I will ponder that mystery when my sanity begins to emerge. Thank you mystery cacher for understanding the situation here and your efforts to help my poor addled mind....... :wacko:

Adding a coin edition on cointracking is generally done by the people who create / want to sell their coin.

If you hear from the mystery sender that they would prefer I use the other side (I used the star side) in the picture on cointracking, let me know and I will switch what I have in my entry.

sometimes the coin creator doesn't add all of the versions. and the coin that is listed has a metal which is different than what i have. so either i add another version or add the wrong metal to my list, change the name of the coin and upload a new photo. not sure which is the correct way.

when i posted here about what to call the coin the creator wrote me and said CthulhuCacher, that is what he/she said to call it. i added mystery at the end. sometimes i just enter "mystery" in the search field to see what comes up on cointracking especially since not everyone calls their coins by the same name!

CthulhuCacher didn't say which side to use. so i used the creature side. if you use the word "mystery" first, then the actual coin is not in alphabetical order in the results. if any of this makes sense. i am not quite sure. the wind is driving me nerts.

we don't really need to have two entries up?

Madness? I have permanent resident status in the State of Insanity! I fear it may be too late, but the black package that arrived at my address may help me return to the normal side of humanity.

Wait - I'm a geocacher. Who am I kidding?!?

Thank you for your valiant attempt, though...

Are these still being sent out? Has anyone received one in the last few days? Still keeping my fingers crossed an praying to the Outer Gods that I will be found worthy...

cthulhu-1.jpg

If May 13, 2014, the post before yours, counts as "the last few days", then the answer is yes.

Wow, these coins that mysteriously appear is something to behold. I am new to this forum and reading through the threads and this one caught my eye. Looks as if it started some time ago. Amazing that it still happens. How can one ever hope for sanity if there are still coins out there not in your collection. It is a situation which will never be remedied.

"they are evil things"... "dread secrets" ... "the shadows that stride from world to world" ... "that is not dead which can eternal lie" ... hmm, very spooky indeed, ... just the imagination may cause madness leading to the loss of sanity ... :unsure: think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, think ..

Greetings fellow Mad Coiners!!! Sorry it has taken me longer than I would have liked to post my THANK YOU to the wonderful Mystery Coiner. My life has been steeped in madness lately---hummm, imagine that!!! I received my black bubble mailer on May 12, the last day of my extended Florida vacation. It had "visited" my Ohio mailbox and was forwarded to Florida. When the mail arrived, I had a muggle friend visiting and she knew I'd lost it when I hugged the black mailer and squealed loudly!!! I had been showing her some of my Coin collection and had just explained Mystery Coins to her!!! Somehow, our Mystery Coiners have impeccable timing as all the other recipients know!!! On my journey back to Ohio, I never saw any rain until I hit the Ohio border and had to drive at 15 MPH in a 70 MPH zone for twenty minutes in addition to a 2 hour tornado watch. The rain continued for three more days. Then, when I got home, my Wi-Fi wouldn't recognize my computer- spent an hour with tech support to resolve that issue. I had one of sanity-restoring Coins in my pocket or I may have descended into utter madness!!! It remains to be seen whether these amazing Coins will help me regain what is left of my sanity!!!

Again, MANY THANKS to the Mystery Coiner and congrats to the other recipients!!!

At last the madness burbling within has subsided. However, since the madness without continues I haven't been able to get on the forums to share the good news with the rest of you! Sometime last week (or was it the week before?), a black envelope, sent from the far north arrived at my door.

Inside were three tokens, enough to save myself and two others from descending further into insanity. I will take them with me to GeoWoodstock this weekend, there is much madness there...

So there's madness Down Under?

I have to report, there is indeed madness Downunder. I live Downunder, I went to the great OzMega 2014 and fear I caught the dreaded lurgy that is the geo-madness. Alas! I am definitely on the downward spiral to utter madness and that dam downward journey is pretty steep I can tell you! Someone please save me!!!!! Agggggggghhhhhhhhhh.....