Extracting a PQ

Did you actually run a PQ AND download? Or, are you trying to "extract" data from the preview?

If you have not downloaded, either from the PQ page or an received such file with an email, you are not finished. Queries of up to 500 caches are emailed to you as an attached file. Queries of 501-1,000 are available for download on the PQ page.

There is no "extraction". It sounds as though you may be trying to "extract" data from a Pocket Query preview. There is no data in a preview, it is merely a list showing you the caches that which will compile a submitted Query.

----

If you did submit and have downloaded a Query that has conflicting parameters, the results will be "0". Checking caches "I haven't found" and caches "I have found" results in Zero because they cancel one another.

These are two different ways of getting "0" results. One is not the query at all (there is nothing to "extract"), the other is because of the parameters you chose when setting up the Query.

Extract is not a term normally associated with using Pocket Queries. :blink:

Here is what happened. I run a pq, then I get the email. I click on the attachment and save it to a folder. Then I go into the folder and double click on it. It comes to another page and on top it asks to extract files and I click yes and then extract. It goes to another folder. And that file states it is empty. I have done it this way for years, now it will not work. Is there something different with the pq or something I need to fix on my computer? I am running windows 7.

Thanks

Mmmmm... I dunno, it seems to me you are playing with too many folders and pages.

I (we) download and save;

Open the download window and select the file (don't double-click);

Right-click and unzip the zipped file;

Drag and drop each of the two files (from the zipped file) to the GPSr (we do not use any loading widget or program);

Go cachin'.

Note: skipped the parts about plugging the GPSr to the computer; ejecting and unplugging -- I believe you already know that. :)

EDIT to add: We have never had to "extract" anything.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee