Ideas for hiding bison tubes?

bwilliams127

I have two large green bison tubes and was wondering if anyone has any creative ideas for hiding them, instead of the standard hanging them on a tree branch. I will be hiding them tonight, so am seeking inspiration!

As replacement handles for a pair of maracas?

Then place that pair of maracas in a mountain of maracas - make it D5 :ph34r:

I have two large green bison tubes and was wondering if anyone has any creative ideas for hiding them, instead of the standard hanging them on a tree branch. I will be hiding them tonight, so am seeking inspiration!

My advise is to find a location for a cache, and make the cache fit the location, rather than get a cache first and finding a location for it. Perhaps there's a fire station with a good spot nearby. Put the bison tube in a toy firetruck. Something like that.

My advise is to find a location for a cache, and make the cache fit the location, rather than get a cache first and finding a location for it. Perhaps there's a fire station with a good spot nearby. Put the bison tube in a toy firetruck. Something like that.

AGREED!

One of my pet peeves is cachers who devise a 'clever' extremely camo'd container and then place it in the most mundane location because it 'fits' there and is hard to find. :mad:

MUCH more impressive is the interesting place to visit and the cache is created to fit in at that spot.

The cache might still be incredibly difficult to locate, but at least I can enjoy the surroundings while earning my DNF. :lol:

Glue it to the inside of a LocknLock..

Glue that locknlock to the side of an ammo can..

Hide the ammo can in an abandoned car..

Hide the car in an old airplane..

Hide the airplane in an abandoned air craft carrier.

Paint the aircraft carrier brown and glue a fake daisy to the top of it.

People will think its a flowerpot and become very confused at first.

Shaun

Shaun

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! *facepalm*

I have been wondering what to do with this old aircraft carrier I have in the back yard, and you have answered my prayers.

Thanks for the assist! :lol:

AGREED!

One of my pet peeves is cachers who devise a 'clever' extremely camo'd container and then place it in the most mundane location because it 'fits' there and is hard to find. :mad:

MUCH more impressive is the interesting place to visit and the cache is created to fit in at that spot.

The cache might still be incredibly difficult to locate, but at least I can enjoy the surroundings while earning my DNF. :lol:

Sometimes I come across random items that just scream "Geocache" at me. The trick is to find the right place to put them and not just settle on the first place that they will fit. I have had a couple of such containers in my backpack for several months because I have yet to find that special spot.

AGREED!

Of course if you have the artistic ability that I do, they all look like they were pre-done, and just placed there :laughing: I start out with an idea, and my camo all looks the same.

Shaun

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! *facepalm*

I have been wondering what to do with this old aircraft carrier I have in the back yard, and you have answered my prayers.

Thanks for the assist! :lol:

Sure, but can you find a fake daisy?

Edited by colleda

Carve an appropriate size hole (where the stem is) in a piece of fake fruit and glue the bison tube in.

Then hang it in the 'wrong' kind of tree.

This is especially funny if you use a fake apple and hang it in a pine tree.

We have found something similar to this, a bison tube glued to a hollowed out pine cone hung in a cedar tree.

Carve an appropriate size hole (where the stem is) in a piece of fake fruit and glue the bison tube in.

We have found something similar to this, a bison tube glued to a hollowed out pine cone hung in a cedar tree.

Found one of those just yesterday. Some of the most creative hides we have found were bison tubes inserted into something interesting or cute. And we do mostly woods caching. Some of the more interesting 'containers' with bisons inside were plastic or ceramic turtles, frogs, birds, squirrel, rocks, small logs, large insects.

I've got a couple (well, had until one got plowed under when some crazed developer decided to put a road in where the trees were <_< ) that I drilled out a hole in one end of a log, glued the bison tube in place, then put it the log next to some trees that were alive. Looked like a tree that had been cut down. I've got a couple more to hide, but have to get more clever in how to do so--this idea is becoming more common these days.

I like this idea! :-)

Yes, then call the hide "Pineapple." :D

I like this idea! :-)

Yes, then call the hide "Pineapple." :D

:rolleyes: Thanks for the idea... :laughing: