Close encounters of the moose kind geocoin

Dofferson_Katch

CEOTMK-Geocoin-640.png

You take three trips to Sweden without seeing a moose and on your fourth trip one jumps in front of your car (no person or moose got hurt). The three of us, my wife me and the moose, had a huge WTHeck ? moment and as a true geocoin addict the first thing that came to my mind was: "this could be a nice geocoin" !

Back at home i fired up the computer and after a couple of hours came up with the coin above.

Description:

The front side will be a moose head in black nickel for the outline and the shadow. The highlight parts will be colored in enemal. The backside will have multi layers with a moose that is crossing a road with the text "close encounters of the moose kinds" in the same font as the sciencefiction movie "third kind". The deepest level (road and sky) will be in glow.

I think the main edition should be in "moose color" and perhaps different editions with fun colors.

Since i am already in the sample state of another coin i am hesitant in starting a new project and i thought i would check to see what the community thinks about this and if there is any interest in a coin like this.

Please let me know if you are interested in seeing this coin in production and if you have any suggestion about it.

Greetings, Dave

Edited by Eartha
(Removed one letter to remove profanity)

Moose-V3.png

Thank you all for your kind feedback !

I am a bit closer in getting this coin produced and will post more about it as soon as things are more certain.

I updated the design a bit, after printing the coin in real size on paper it looked to small so i made it about 0.25" bigger. I also added a mid level layer on the front size to allow for different shades of the brown color and a translucent layer whilst keeping the ability to stick to the original design. As a test i added a version with camo colors also :-)

Greets, Dave

Moose-V3.png

Thank you all for your kind feedback !

I am a bit closer in getting this coin produced and will post more about it as soon as things are more certain.

I updated the design a bit, after printing the coin in real size on paper it looked to small so i made it about 0.25" bigger. I also added a mid level layer on the front size to allow for different shades of the brown color and a translucent layer whilst keeping the ability to stick to the original design. As a test i added a version with camo colors also :-)

Greets, Dave

I'm not sure about the camo'ed moose, kinda looks like he has moss growing on him! :o

After a long period of silence an update about the "Close Encounters of the Moose Kind" geocoin: They will be available for sale next thursday at geocachingshop.nl, geocoins.wellner.se and phdcoins.ca !

The coin is about 2 inches in diameter, 3 mm thick, trackable and have a unique icon. At this time i don't know what they will sell for, what names the editions will have and which editions will be limited.

Antique Nickel + translucent olive + glow (A):

CEOTMK-ED-A.png

Black Nickel + translucent yellow + glow (B):

CEOTMK-ED-B.png

Satin Gold + translucent black ©:

CEOTMK-ED-C.png

Black Nickel + Brown IHE (D):

CEOTMK-ED-D.png

Black Nickel + Cool Grey (E):

CEOTMK-ED-E.png

Antique Bronze + Brown/Gold glitter (F):

CEOTMK-ED-F.png

Antique Bronze + translucent purple - AE20 (G):

CEOTMK-ED-H.png

Besides the above editions another edition that is sold only by phdcoins.ca and geocoins.wellner.se will also available, i haven't got a picture of that one yet.

I will post an update as soon as i have more information.

CEOTMK-Geocoin-640.png

You take three trips to Sweden without seeing a moose and on your fourth trip one jumps in front of your car (no person or moose got hurt). The three of us, my wife me and the moose, had a huge WTHeck ? moment and as a true geocoin addict the first thing that came to my mind was: "this could be a nice geocoin" !

Back at home i fired up the computer and after a couple of hours came up with the coin above.

Description:

The front side will be a moose head in black nickel for the outline and the shadow. The highlight parts will be colored in enemal. The backside will have multi layers with a moose that is crossing a road with the text "close encounters of the moose kinds" in the same font as the sciencefiction movie "third kind". The deepest level (road and sky) will be in glow.

I think the main edition should be in "moose color" and perhaps different editions with fun colors.

Since i am already in the sample state of another coin i am hesitant in starting a new project and i thought i would check to see what the community thinks about this and if there is any interest in a coin like this.

Please let me know if you are interested in seeing this coin in production and if you have any suggestion about it.

Greetings, Dave

So in Alaska we had moose (alive) out in the yard. Lots of moose (dead) by the highway too. Kinda like deer (dead) along the highways in MO, MN, and WI only bigger!

Meet Mats the Moose, a new member of the Close Encounters of the Moose Kind family. This version is translucent green on polished gold and will be available at geocachingshop.nl soon

CEOTMK-Gold-Green.jpg

And this is Moop the Moose; my new personal edition of the Close Encounters of the Moose Kind geocoin. It is translucent blue/green on satin silver. This edition will be available for trade / sale and i will bring it with me to the Munich and Ulm events.

CEOTMK-SatinSilver-BlueGreen.jpg

Melvin, Michael, Morton, Murphy and Myrtle are also available again at geocachingshop.nl