Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4X4N

rest area caches

We travel from MI to TX and back, twice a year. My husband would like to know if there is an app

to find geocaches at the rest areas along the way.

The geocaching app will do it, as will others as well, but the only way to find ONLY the ones at rest stops is to specifically select them, or bookmark them, or retrieve them as some sort of Pocket Query.

We travel from MI to TX and back, twice a year. My husband would like to know if there is an app

to find geocaches at the rest areas along the way.

You could look at others' public bookmark lists, then make your own. It'd take a bit of research, though.

Here's a list of bookmark lists for a certain cache at a MI rest stop. From here you could probably branch out and find them in other states as well.

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/default.aspx?guid=01f2a0de-bd77-42c3-a048-553d1cc94759&WptTypeID=2

This one looks promising: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=8a65b710-8e8e-4895-bd81-af70daf1a30a

Would the "Map along a route" feature help, also?

Edited by TriciaG

here in nw ohio, we have a rest stop challenge cache Ohio Swirly Challenge... on the cache page, the CO, Grizzflyer, gives links to Ohio’s current official ODOT rest areas and for where the official Ohio Turnpike Service Plazas are located...

now, of course, i had to co-ordinate between those maps and gc.com, but those maps made it a skosh bit easier...

you may want to get info from each of the DOT's state maps you'll be passing through...

it's a start...and grizzflyer also had a good suggestion: "Something that might help keeping track of your rest areas is to print off the map on the ODOT page, and color in the symbol for each rest area found."