"Discovered" Geocoin is not showing up in my "Trackables Inventory"

MacGillivray Clan

The title says it all. I deleted the "Discovered" log and tried it again...but still no luck.

That is the way it's supposed to work. The items in your possession are shown in your Inventory. "Discover" means only that you saw it (in its cache, in this case). You get an icon for Discovering that coin, but that's all.

Are you trying to correct some logs? Maybe when you picked it up, you didn't log the "Retrieve"? If so, and assuming nobody else has logged it since, you could do the Retrieve log to place it into your Inventory, then go to the proper cache page and make the "Drop" log.

Edited by kunarion

Well.... the title DOES NOT say it all.

You've held onto it long enough that the Owner marked it as "Missing". To get it back into your Inventory, you must file a "Grabbed It..." log.

I hope you still have the tracking number so that you can log it properly.

Just saying, "We dropped it today in a new location" doesn't cut it.

Seems to be a lesson or two here.....

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

The title says it all. I deleted the "Discovered" log and tried it again...but still no luck.

That is the way it's supposed to work. The items in your possession are shown in your Inventory. "Discover" means only that you saw it (in its cache, in this case). You get an icon for Discovering that coin, but that's all.

Are you trying to correct some logs? Maybe when you picked it up, you didn't log the "Retrieve"? If so, and assuming nobody else has logged it since, you could do the Retrieve log to place it into your Inventory, then go to the proper cache page and make the "Drop" log.

Great advice kunarion! I really appreciate your explanation. I went back and fixed the issue. My problem was that I falsely assumed "Discover" meant that I had added the Geocoin to my inventory.

Have a great day!!!

Well.... the title DOES NOT say it all.

You've held onto it long enough that the Owner marked it as "Missing". To get it back into your Inventory, you must file a "Grabbed It..." log.

I hope you still have the tracking number so that you can log it properly.

Just saying, "We dropped it today in a new location" doesn't cut it.

Seems to be a lesson or two here.....

I like your username. It really helps describe the tone of your post...

Glad that you noticed and appreciated the tone... really.

And... I am glad that you also appreciate the writings of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. Now, if you missed that, I am sorry.

I am more familiar with the fine melodies of old Mr. Lightfoot, which was where I drew my knowledge of your "big lake" username reference...although, I always thought it was spelled "Gitche". No need to be sorry Gitchee. I will accept your apology though. Maybe you were just having a bad day.