Free Stat Generating Software for US Counties?

TC+12

I'm looking for a program or website where I can upload my "My Finds" Pocket Query into and it gives me statistics that I want, in particular for your State (US States that is). I've used "My Geocaching Profile .com" before, but it doesn't have exactly what I am looking for.

I live in Ohio, so I am going to use that as my example... There are 88 Counties in Ohio, I am looking for a stat generator that tells me how many Geocaches I have found in each of the individual counties in Ohio. I don't need a detailed breakout or anything, just a number of how many have been found in a particular County, and possibly a map too.

That's all I'm really looking for and I haven't found anything that can give me that yet. Also, PLEASE don't tell me to just get GSAK and then proceed to lecture me on how all true Geocachers use GSAK, after I tell you that I just don't have the $30 to spare to purchase it! Everyone on the forums here always goes straight to doing that and it drives me nuts!

If you know of anything that can help me with that then that would be great!

Thanks!

TC+12

GSAK is free to download and use, but after a time 'nag' screens appear but the program is still fully functional. I'm sorry you feel everyone 'pushes' GSAK on you, but the only stat genertor I know that gives the detail you want is FindStatGen macro for GSAK. Maybe someone else will know another.

I'm looking for a program or website where I can upload my "My Finds" Pocket Query into and it gives me statistics that I want, in particular for your State (US States that is). I've used "My Geocaching Profile .com" before, but it doesn't have exactly what I am looking for.

I live in Ohio, so I am going to use that as my example... There are 88 Counties in Ohio, I am looking for a stat generator that tells me how many Geocaches I have found in each of the individual counties in Ohio. I don't need a detailed breakout or anything, just a number of how many have been found in a particular County, and possibly a map too.

That's all I'm really looking for and I haven't found anything that can give me that yet. Also, PLEASE don't tell me to just get GSAK and then proceed to lecture me on how all true Geocachers use GSAK, after I tell you that I just don't have the $30 to spare to purchase it! Everyone on the forums here always goes straight to doing that and it drives me nuts!

Thanks!

TC+12

There is a reason why the answer seems to always be GSAK. It took me less than three minutes to download all of your found caches and run this report for Ohio.

Athens: 6

Butler: 2

Clark: 5

Clinton: 11

Delaware: 2

Fairfield: 24

Fayette: 9

Franklin: 25

Fulton: 17

Greene: 248

Highland: 6

Hocking: 8

Licking: 6

Logan: 3

Lucas: 1

Madison: 1

Miami: 8

Montgomery: 135

Pickaway: 2

Ross: 2

Union: 1

Vinton: 4

Williams: 1

Wood: 1

You need to find caches in:

Adams

Allen

Ashland

Ashtabula

Auglaize

Belmont

Brown

Carroll

Champaign

Clermont

Columbiana

Coshocton

Crawford

Cuyahoga

Darke

Defiance

Erie

Gallia

Geauga

Guernsey

Hamilton

Hancock

Hardin

Harrison

Henry

Holmes

Huron

Jackson

Jefferson

Knox

Lake

Lawrence

Lorain

Mahoning

Marion

Medina

Meigs

Mercer

Monroe

Morgan

Morrow

Muskingum

Noble

Ottawa

Paulding

Perry

Pike

Portage

Preble

Putnam

Richland

Sandusky

Scioto

Seneca

Shelby

Stark

Summit

Trumbull

Tuscarawas

Van Wert

Warren

Washington

Wayne

Wyandot

Thanks!

TC+12

There is a reason why the answer seems to always be GSAK. It took me less than three minutes to download all of your found caches and run this report for Ohio.

Adams

Allen

Ashland

Ashtabula

Auglaize

Belmont

Brown

Carroll

Champaign

Clermont

Columbiana

Coshocton

Crawford

Cuyahoga

Darke

Defiance

Erie

Gallia

Geauga

Guernsey

Hamilton

Hancock

Hardin

Harrison

Henry

Holmes

Huron

Jackson

Jefferson

Knox

Lake

Lawrence

Lorain

Mahoning

Marion

Medina

Meigs

Mercer

Monroe

Morgan

Morrow

Muskingum

Noble

Ottawa

Paulding

Perry

Pike

Portage

Preble

Putnam

Richland

Sandusky

Scioto

Seneca

Shelby

Stark

Summit

Trumbull

Tuscarawas

Van Wert

Warren

Washington

Wayne

Wyandot

Wow... I think I am actually impressed! I've never actually seen GSAK do something before that wasn't uploading Pocket Queries! Not sure what to think now... blink.gif

Wow... I think I am actually impressed! I've never actually seen GSAK do something before that wasn't uploading Pocket Queries! Not sure what to think now... blink.gif

I'll muddy the waters for you then. :lol: The amazing free website project-gc is quickly establishing itself as being able to "do everything GSAK does". However, project-gc is european based, so it may not do U.S. counties yet. I haven't checked it out in a while.

I'll muddy the waters for you then. :lol: The amazing free website project-gc is quickly establishing itself as being able to "do everything GSAK does". However, project-gc is european based, so it may not do U.S. counties yet. I haven't checked it out in a while.

Yeah I went to the Challenge Checker on project-gc & they don't even have the United States as an option. I don't like it either. Very hard to use and to figure out. Plus it doesn't seem to do much of anything even for those who do live in the half-dozen countries that they do support. sad.gif

Yeah I went to the Challenge Checker on project-gc & they don't even have the United States as an option. I don't like it either. Very hard to use and to figure out. Plus it doesn't seem to do much of anything even for those who do live in the half-dozen countries that they do support. sad.gif

Oh well, I'm sure he's working on it. Are you familiar with WheresGeorge.com? All the serious players have U.S. County "hit" maps. I don't know how the heck they generate them, or if it can be altered for Geocaching purposes though.

Thanks!

TC+12

Adams

Allen

Ashland

Ashtabula

Auglaize

Belmont

Brown

Carroll

Champaign

Clermont

Columbiana

Coshocton

Crawford

Cuyahoga

Darke

Defiance

Erie

Gallia

Geauga

Guernsey

Hamilton

Hancock

Hardin

Harrison

Henry

Holmes

Huron

Jackson

Jefferson

Knox

Lake

Lawrence

Lorain

Mahoning

Marion

Medina

Meigs

Mercer

Monroe

Morgan

Morrow

Muskingum

Noble

Ottawa

Paulding

Perry

Pike

Portage

Preble

Putnam

Richland

Sandusky

Scioto

Seneca

Shelby

Stark

Summit

Trumbull

Tuscarawas

Van Wert

Warren

Washington

Wayne

Wyandot

With the GS API you could (but maybe not wise to) almost do away with PQ's completely with GSAK. For some areas I use a PQ to load the original list and then use the API to keep it updated.

With the GS API you could (but maybe not wise to) almost do away with PQ's completely with GSAK. For some areas I use a PQ to load the original list and then use the API to keep it updated.

Umm, so yeah, not sure what a GS or and API is... :/

Sorry. GS = Groundspeak. API = Application Programming Interface. These are a series of "commands" that an external program can send to the GC.com computers to do different things (i.e.. get a list of caches in an area; refresh the cache data already downloaded; get logs for caches; etc.) automatically. Some of these are hard to do manually (such as get caches in an area that cacher's X, Y, and Z haven't found). The smart phone apps use this to connect to GC.com and GSAK now has these commands built in for our use. It makes GSAK even more powerful and useful.

Sorry. GS = Groundspeak. API = Application Programming Interface. These are a series of "commands" that an external program can send to the GC.com computers to do different things (i.e.. get a list of caches in an area; refresh the cache data already downloaded; get logs for caches; etc.) automatically. Some of these are hard to do manually (such as get caches in an area that cacher's X, Y, and Z haven't found). The smart phone apps use this to connect to GC.com and GSAK now has these commands built in for our use. It makes GSAK even more powerful and useful.

Oh okay I follow you now! :) And yeah that does sound useful! Especially that one about getting caches in an area that cachers X, Y, & Z haven't found!