Looking for a GPS specifically for Wherigo's?

So my current GPS is a Garmin GPSmap 60CSx, and I love it! The only issue is that I can't do Wherigo caches with it. I'm looking for people's opinions on good GPS units that I could use specifically for Wherigo's. I don't want to spend too much (maybe like $30-$50 most), but I don't want to get a junk one that is hard to use, and has all sorts of problems and issues with it. I'd prefer if it is a Garmin, just to simplify things for me with computer things, but I'm fine if it isn't. Those are basically my only requirements for it.

1. Relatively Cheap

2. Not Junk

3. Possibly, but Not Necessarily, a Garmin

Just looking for any & all suggestions or advice from people. Especially if you have personal experience with owning a GPS that can do Wherigo's and any experiences you've had with it that are Good or Bad!

Thank You!

TC+12

Gsrmin Oregons are the only gps units that could do Wherigo's. Oh, and the obsolete Colorado. Your probably not going to find one for $30. And I think all the Garmins that could do Wherigo's are pretty much obsolete. Got a smartphone? I hear there is a smartphone app for Wherigo's. But instead of spending $30 bucks on a used Oregon, if you can find it, to do two or three Wherigo's I would spend the $30 on GSAK so I could get my county maps.

Your best choice would be the appropriate app (depending on phone) since it appears that Garmin has abandoned the Wherigo on its devices.

You could say that Groundspeak has also abandoned Wherigo....no app or builder updates in 5 years....

Yeah I'm thinking you guys might be right... I don't have a Smart Phone yet (I think I'm the only 19y/o College I know who doesn't have one yet. lol) but my current Dumb Phone is in the process of dying (and it is a piece of junk anyway, this is my 3rd one in 6 months that is going bad--AND it is Verizon's highest-rated Dumb Phone too! ~_~ ) So hopefully I will be able to get a Smart Phone soon and I can just use that.

BTW, how do you create a Wherigo anyway? Do you have to know computer code and programming stuff to do that? Or do you use a computer program from the Wherigo site to design it or what? I've always wondered that but never knew how it is done.

BTW, how do you create a Wherigo anyway? Do you have to know computer code and programming stuff to do that? Or do you use a computer program from the Wherigo site to design it or what? I've always wondered that but never knew how it is done.

There's a forum here for Wherigos. It has contacts of people that are currently writing Wherigos, links to development software, and all kinds of help.

There's a forum here for Wherigos. It has contacts of people that are currently writing Wherigos, links to development software, and all kinds of help.

Okay cool! I'll have to check that out sometime once I get some of the stuff I've been procrastinating on off of my plate! Haha [:P]