someone put my code in their logs

NW Stinkerbella

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but a quick search didn't give me any results. So I'll ask... What do I do about a cacher who used my Top Secret TB code in their logs... Dropped TB ****** in Chicago per her request, maybe someone can take her to Florida. and in a second log A little soggy but drooped TB ****** as she wanted to go to Chicago, now see if someone can get her to Florida : ) My caching partner caught this last week and emailed the logger of their error and asked them to edit their logs. I checked today and the logs as still there I've emailed them again asking them to edit their logs. What should I do next if they don't edit them?

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but a quick search didn't give me any results. So I'll ask... What do I do about a cacher who used my Top Secret TB code in their logs... Dropped TB ****** in Chicago per her request, maybe someone can take her to Florida. and in a second log A little soggy but drooped TB ****** as she wanted to go to Chicago, now see if someone can get her to Florida : ) My caching partner caught this last week and emailed the logger of their error and asked them to edit their logs. I checked today and the logs as still there I've emailed them again asking them to edit their logs. What should I do next if they don't edit them?

I would be emailing the cache owner to remove the log, it is my understanding that the owner of a cache has the ability to do this.

If it was me and they didn't edit the logs by now, I would simply delete them and send the cacher an email telling them what the reason was for the deletion. I would also ask them not to post tracking numbers in logs in the future and explain why.

If it was me and they didn't edit the logs by now, I would simply delete them and send the cacher an email telling them what the reason was for the deletion. I would also ask them not to post tracking numbers in logs in the future and explain why.

If the logs were on the TB page, the OP could delete them. It sounds to me like they are on the cache page. I'd email the CO, and if they didn't delete the logs, I'd report it to Groundspeak and see if someone there could. They have rules about posting tracking codes online, so I'd think they could do something about it.

Yes they did it on the cache page, or I would have deleted the log already, and emailed them with an explaination. I've emailed them once today and as I said my caching partner who caught it the day they did it emailed them back then. Guess I'll try the CO and see what they can do to help. I know the longer it's out there the better chance of getting on one of those virtual "discover" lists that are so popular these days.

Yes they did it on the cache page, or I would have deleted the log already, and emailed them with an explaination. I've emailed them once today and as I said my caching partner who caught it the day they did it emailed them back then. Guess I'll try the CO and see what they can do to help. I know the longer it's out there the better chance of getting on one of those virtual "discover" lists that are so popular these days.

If you can't get the CO to delete it--and even if they do, the logger might just reenter exactly the same thing--send an email to Eartha (moderator of this forum) and she will fix it for you. She is wonderful about taking care of our trackables.