Logging premium caches without a membership

I have a friend that does not have a membership. He went with me yesterday and we found about 4 that were premium member only. He is not able to cache very much so doesn't want to purchase a membership, but was wondering if he can still log the premium only caches that he finds when he caches with me. Thanks for any help!

I believe premium caches still show up on the map, even if you aren't a premium member. He can find the cache on the map and click "log visit".

You have to zoom out on the map for them to show up, but they still do AFAIK. Then as stated, click on the one you want to log and then the log it box.

There are other ways too, but more steps involved, so the ways mentioned are the easy ways. :laughing:

I have no problem with non-premium members signing my premium-only caches. Good deal! I wasn't a fan of making them -premium only in the first place so I'm happy when they are found.

I only use premium-only on my challenge caches because I had so many new Cachers logging them as their first finds.

Edited by scrapcat

I have no problem with non-premium members signing my premium-only caches. Good deal! I wasn't a fan of making them -premium only in the first place so I'm happy when they are found.

Same here, but after a few muggles I made some of my listings PMO. We also have a non PM account that a group of us use when we geocache together. When I log a PMO cache that we find together, I sign out and then sign back in with the non PM account so the other members can log the find too.

When I log a PMO cache that we find together, I sign out and then sign back in with the non PM account so the other members can log the find too.

That is how we do it when the grandsons cache with us and find a premium cache

Yup...or share the log page url with the non-PMO cacher. This is the Official "backdoor" Groundspeak-approved Method © in the absence of any Family PMO account.