Downloading caches from Android to Etrex 20?

GrapeNutsTburg

Hiya,

I don't usually know where I'm going to go caching until I get there and have time, so doing pocket queries beforehand isn't usually possible. I love my Android c:geo app, which lets me see nearby caches whereever the heck I am in real time... but would love to be able to get those caches onto my Etrex 20.

Anybody know of a good, straightforward way to download caches from a mobile app (if not c:geo, what else?) to the Etrex? I'm only advanced beginner level on the tech side, so if it's got too many complicated steps I will probably muck it up.

Thanks so much for ideas/instructions/suggestions.

I'm only advanced beginner level on the tech side, so if it's got too many complicated steps I will probably muck it up.

Save a GPX file from the web site to the Android, plug the Garmin into USB, copy the file to the appropriate folder on the Garmin.

There are many reasons this might not work. You'll also need a file manager App, and if you save Pocket Queries in zip format, you'll have an extra step of unzipping.

You don't say what type of connector you have on your phone. Full/mini/micro usb. If it is full (probably not) just hook it up and go to the website and download you PQs to it. Probably a mini then you will need a OTG cable (google it for purchase). Then it is just like your device is hooked to your computer.