Calling All Cachers!

Hello everyone,

I am trying to piece together a video for the Geocaching International Film Festival and I have a bit about the importance of having fun and enjoying your life. I would really like to have a montage of pictures of people of ALL AGES from the tiniest of tots to the wisest of elders and everything in between.

Please help me out by replying to this thread with a picture of you caching that you don't mind being shown in my video. It can be completely anonymous or i can feature your geocaching user name upon your request.

If you know of some cachers in age groups that have not been submitted here yet please spread the word. The deadline for video submission isn't far away to please take action now. I would really appreciate it!!!!

Edited by GEOvloger

Holy freaking cow dude... that is a lot of pictures. I will be sure to pull out the gems of the lot.

Thanks!!!!

In the interest of laziness, you have my permission to use any of the photos from my gallery in your project. I dunno if that helps or not, but it's worth a mention.

739f7c5e-82ac-40be-ade4-a2ed4b35d714.jpg

tree climb

d258f3a3-4111-4a23-9eb2-bb9c8f8be302.jpg

the muddy hole

fb55009e-bfb3-4795-98c0-d87a69f39f44.jpg

another nasty hole.

f6e20e3b-3411-4714-9d87-607a73ac23d9.jpg

a really big one with the kids.

18379c1e-e7d1-4b5f-b8e6-e879e7c892c2.jpg

we got like 700 pictures in our gallery, have a look :-)

you can use anything you like, we also got pictures of the kids when they where really tiny caching

Edited by OZ2CPU

Hmmm...

I wonder if Groundspeak has anything to say about pictures harvested from the website they host being used in a video.

I don't pretend to know the legalities of such stuff, just offering a point. While those pictures are uploaded by cachers, I don't know what rights are transferred if they are uploaded to the website. Of course, having the pictures given directly to the requester takes that possible issue away. But if there's nothing in the terms of use, then no worries...

Hmmm...

I wonder if Groundspeak has anything to say about pictures harvested from the website they host being used in a video.

I don't pretend to know the legalities of such stuff, just offering a point. While those pictures are uploaded by cachers, I don't know what rights are transferred if they are uploaded to the website. Of course, having the pictures given directly to the requester takes that possible issue away. But if there's nothing in the terms of use, then no worries...

Never thought about this. It might be better to send the original image anyway, since it is of better quality. No problem doing so if needed,, just hollar if interested.

Holy freaking cow dude... that is a lot of pictures. I will be sure to pull out the gems of the lot.

Thanks!!!!

In the interest of laziness, you have my permission to use any of the photos from my gallery in your project. I dunno if that helps or not, but it's worth a mention.

You can feel free to use anything in my gallery as well (and if you think J the Goat has a lot...).

Hmmm...

From the ToU:

C. Your Content. All content you submit through our services remains yours; this includes your geocache logs and pictures, your comments and anything you post to our discussion forums. You and not Groundspeak are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, post or otherwise transmit via our services. You represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights and permissions required for all content you post and for the rights you grant to us below, and that your content does not violate this this Agreement, other Groundspeak terms, policies or guidelines, the rights of any other party or applicable law.

D. The Rights You Grant Us to Your Content. By submitting content to our services, you grant Groundspeak a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully transferable and sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content in any media now known or created in the future. You agree that we have no obligation to monitor or protect your rights in any content that you may submit to us, but in the event that someone else takes content you have submitted through our services without either of our permission, you give us the right to request that they take the content off of their website or otherwise stop using it.

I am not a lawyer, but I play one in traffic court for my friends. I think it would be fair to say that a post here allowing the OP access to use of your gallery content is sufficient permission.

Not that they'd want it, but the OP can use whatever they find in my gallery or on my youtube channel that will help.

Hmmm...

From the ToU:

C. Your Content. All content you submit through our services remains yours; this includes your geocache logs and pictures, your comments and anything you post to our discussion forums. You and not Groundspeak are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, post or otherwise transmit via our services. You represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights and permissions required for all content you post and for the rights you grant to us below, and that your content does not violate this this Agreement, other Groundspeak terms, policies or guidelines, the rights of any other party or applicable law.

D. The Rights You Grant Us to Your Content. By submitting content to our services, you grant Groundspeak a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully transferable and sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content in any media now known or created in the future. You agree that we have no obligation to monitor or protect your rights in any content that you may submit to us, but in the event that someone else takes content you have submitted through our services without either of our permission, you give us the right to request that they take the content off of their website or otherwise stop using it.

I am not a lawyer, but I play one in traffic court for my friends. I think it would be fair to say that a post here allowing the OP access to use of your gallery content is sufficient permission.

Not that they'd want it, but the OP can use whatever they find in my gallery or on my youtube channel that will help.

LOL, I'm glad i have imaginary lawyers in my corner. I will sleep sound tonight! :D

thanks to everyone who has been submitting content!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may take a look at my gallery as well; it has many shots of us along with my parents, sisters, and nephews, and faithful Geo-dogs on the trail.

But here's one of my favorites, which I couldn't post in my gallery for spoiler reasons.

Aliensmall.jpg

Good luck with the project! Can't wait to see the final result some time.

--Q

to 4wheelin_fool !!! WOW what a picture !!

the first one, you standing up on that clif top :-)

to GEOvloger you got to use that one on the first page !!!

That's not me in the first picture, its the lovely trowel32. I'm in the second picture. For the record she did not really like the picture, but she said it can be used. It was a little windy that day, and posing for pics was a little hairy. The cache is Rebar Rock. At the site, you don't realize you are out on a overhanging rock. It just seems like a nice view, and a long drop down. It's quite an iconic place to take a picture, and there are a few similar ones uploaded to the page.

From the cache page:

8735e719-c525-4055-b24b-85ae2e9337c6.jpg

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

wow again, another even cooler picture from that rock or mountain is what I call it :-)

we really like the oh-scarry effect of height and such, and offcourse a cool view..

People keep posting amazing pictures, and how about add a GC number so we spend less time asking about what and where,

and spend more time just to enjoy the pictures :-)

to 4wheelin_fool !!! WOW what a picture !!

the first one, you standing up on that clif top :-)

to GEOvloger you got to use that one on the first page !!!

That's not me in the first picture, its the lovely trowel32. I'm in the second picture. For the record she did not really like the picture, but she said it can be used. It was a little windy that day, and posing for pics was a little hairy. The cache is Rebar Rock. At the site, you don't realize you are out on a overhanging rock. It just seems like a nice view, and a long drop down. It's quite an iconic place to take a picture, and there are a few similar ones uploaded to the page.

From the cache page:

8735e719-c525-4055-b24b-85ae2e9337c6.jpg

Holy Smokes!!

I THOUGHT that rock composition and background looked familiar!

I live only a VERY small handful of miles due east of that spot, crow-flies-wise!

SO close, that if the camera was turned to the left, oh, say, 45 degrees or so.....

BTW, Local rumor is that that section of Millbrook Mountain is the highest natural sheer drop east of the Mississippi! That's a big claim, but we're proud of it.

...Bill

Edited by TeamRabbitRun

Hey guys,

By popular demand i have posted my submissions here to the forum. Go easy on me because its no Picasso by any stretch of the imagination. tongue.gif

I was allowed to submit two videos so i decided to post an old video of mine as video #2. The rules specified to add a password to the submission so i have provided you with it below so you may have access.

I would love to hear what you have to think. I didn't end up using everyone's content but I feel what i did use helped me get my point across pretty well so thanks to everyone who pitched in to make this happen.

You guys rock!!!!

Video #1

Password: GIFF2013

What Geocaching Means to Me (featuring some of your submitted content)

Video #2

TRAVELBUGANZA!!!1!

Hey guys,

By popular demand i have posted my submissions here to the forum. Go easy on me because its no Picasso by any stretch of the imagination. tongue.gif

I was allowed to submit two videos so i decided to post an old video of mine as video #2. The rules specified to add a password to the submission so i have provided you with it below so you may have access.

I would love to hear what you have to think. I didn't end up using everyone's content but I feel what i did use helped me get my point across pretty well so thanks to everyone who pitched in to make this happen.

You guys rock!!!!

Video #1

Video #2

TRAVELBUGANZA!!!1!

Excellent! And in the first one I LOVE the picture you grabbed from my gallery of my boyfriend wearing the mask we found in a cache (GC9C - Rabbit Eye View, one of the oldest around!). He's not a geocacher but humors my obsession and comes along with me occasionally... and very reluctantly lets me take pictures of him sometimes. :D:lol:

Hey guys,

You guys rock!!!!

Video #1

Video #2

TRAVELBUGANZA!!!1!

El password no trabajo. :(:mad:

I kinda wanted to see it in case you used any of my pictures, but I guess I'll manage to survive anyway. :lol:

Hey guys,

By popular demand i have posted my submissions here to the forum. Go easy on me because its no Picasso by any stretch of the imagination.

<...>

I kinda wanted to see it in case you used any of my pictures, but I guess I'll manage to survive anyway. :lol:

I had to do it twice - and pay attention to the capitalization.

Edited by TeamRabbitRun

Hey guys,

By popular demand i have posted my submissions here to the forum. Go easy on me because its no Picasso by any stretch of the imagination.

<...>

I had to do it twice - and pay attention to the capitalization.

Copy and paste, works every time!

I too was curious to see how the video turned out. Maybe i don't get out much but i thought the special effects were pretty darn good. Was a nice surprise to see the Tx Tadpole included as well! B)