opinions needed

After years of seeing people burned at the stake in forums, I have chosen to submit this anonymously. Or at least as anonymously as you all will let me. This request is sincere and I promise you I am not trying to be a troll.

Does this cache description violate the guidelines of GC.com?

cache_zps970c9cf2.jpg

In case you didn't notice, I did covered the puzzle so you couldn't solve it.

In what way do you feel this might violate the guidelines?

If you feel it might be promoting an agenda, I don't see that. It just mentions the ruling, doesn't say yea or nay about it. Unless there is more to the cache description than this. I see a lot of controversial idea mentioned on cache pages, but if the CO is careful not to promote the idea, just bring it up, it seems OK.

If it is not an agenda your concerned with, than what?

Wow, someone posts a cache that might make hint or mention of some historical fact in the bible and everyone is up in arms about it, someone posts about blatant sexual deviance, and its not?

Please refrain from voicing your social opinions, I am only looking for your opinions about if this violates GC.com's rule about promoting a cause.

That wasn't posting my "social opinion", thats pointing out the clear double standard that liberals have. Big difference, although one most liberals can't understand.

Wow, someone posts a cache that might make hint or mention of some historical fact in the bible and everyone is up in arms about it, someone posts about blatant sexual deviance, and its not?

Please refrain from voicing your social opinions, I am only looking for your opinions about if this violates GC.com's rule about promoting a cause.

That wasn't posting my "social opinion", thats pointing out the clear double standard that liberals have. Big difference, although one most liberals can't understand.

I'm liberal and Christian. And I see no double standard here. If you're discussing the cache someone posted about where the description had a bible verse, then most people said that wasn't an agenda and it was okay. Not a lot of "up in arms".

This person is asking if this cache pushes an agenda. That's it. The flag is a symbol of a movement, so that might mean this has too much of an agenda. Again, no need to get up in arms. State that you feel it has an agenda.

The nonsense about deviance is ridiculous. There was no need for that.

That's what I like about conservatives, no double standard, all black and white. Well, maybe a bit of hypocrite tossed in for a bit of spice.

But since this cache has not been published, nor submitted for posting, all this is, in my opinion,

pot_stirrer.jpg

Edited by jholly

The flag is there because the puzzle would be almost unsolvable without it.

Also, let's please stay in topic, I don't want this rip turn into a flame war our have the topic locked because we are arguing over the bigotry of conservatives or the double standards of liberals.

Finally, I an not a "pot stirrer", I posed a question and I am looking for answers.

I had to look it up, 'cos it means nothing to me, but I don't see how it's pushing an agenda as long as you're not advocating one or other side of the argument, but the only way to know for sure is to put it to the reviewers.

Asking on here was always going end up with someone getting out of their tree about it.

Nothing wrong with the flag by itself. Just take the bit out about the ruling and you should be fine.

So maybe the wording, "This puzzle was created in light of a couple of recent rullings by SCOTUS."?

Why put that in at all? Will it help them solve the puzzle?

Mainly because I like my caches to have some type of educational value to them. Weither you are for or against the results of these court cases, few people in the United States would say that they weren't important cases.

I'm not sure the 1 sentence you put in qualifies as educational. You could perhaps make a puzzle cache on the history of gay marriage which requires people to do research.

Trouble is, you've mentioned the ruling plus you've got your flag, indicating which side you're on. It seems to me that's an agenda.

Bottom line, your reviewer is the one who will publish/not publish it. Have you asked them?

Edited by The_Incredibles_

There are about 5 or 6 that publish in my area, so I'm not sure which one to ask

That is fairly easy. Just tick the two boxes on the bottom of the form and click the submit button. You will be asking the one that will or will not publish the cache.

And why do you care about our opinions, they really don't count for squat. The only opinion that counts is the reviewers or maybe the appeals lackey. Posting here for opinions will not influence the reviewers decision and only serves to stir the pot.

Edited by jholly

Doesn't matter if it's published or not you have still achieved some 'air play' by posting on here anyway. In posting as a sock puppet then you know full well that we can't check if you have, or will submit it anyway. I have no problem with the agenda, all I want to know is will it take me somewhere interesting or is it a micro in a car park?

Other material included on your cache page, but omitted from your forum post, clearly takes the listing across the "promoting an agenda" line. I would await guidance from a reviewer, who can see the complete picture.

Once again Keystone's X-Ray specs save the day.

So I am not quite sure what Keystone is referring to, possibly the fact that I changed the text to try to make it more educational after The Incredibles couple of comments, or the cache name since that is the only original thing I left out of the screen shot. But anyways, I decided to completely change the text to take out all controversy. I am just going to make it a puzzle series that is based on flags that are important in my life: Pride Flag, Air Force Flag, United Federation of Planets, the Flag of Gondor, and maybe one or two more

So I am not quite sure what Keystone is referring to, possibly the fact that I changed the text to try to make it more educational after The Incredibles couple of comments, or the cache name since that is the only original thing I left out of the screen shot. But anyways, I decided to completely change the text to take out all controversy. I am just going to make it a puzzle series that is based on flags that are important in my life: Pride Flag, Air Force Flag, United Federation of Planets, the Flag of Gondor, and maybe one or two more

This in not to shoot you down, it's just what may or may not happen. Using the flags such as the rainbow flag, which I'm assuming you mean to represent the LGBT community rather than putting it up because it has pretty colors, flags of the Armed forces, and other similar flags, it could be taken as being an agenda, weather you are support, or dislike it. There have been caches denied for less controversial subjects. One example was a cache near a hospital (BC, Canada?) that said something about thanking a doctor or paramedic or something similar to that. There are also many caches who people thought promoted an agenda, that have passed review. Being that even Keystone didn't say it won't be approved, it is a hit and miss type thing.

That being said There's nothing stopping you from making them into puzzles. Maybe referring to the Canadian flag how many points on the maple leaf, or the US flag, the number of stars devided by the number of white stripes. Or maybe what year did such and such flag begin being used to represent such and such. Something they would have to look up, and thus learn something, like you seem to want people to do.

Other material included on your cache page, but omitted from your forum post, clearly takes the listing across the "promoting an agenda" line. I would await guidance from a reviewer, who can see the complete picture.

Once again Keystone's X-Ray specs save the day.

Yep,, not surprised at all. As per usual, i figured there would be more to it than what was told to us here in this thread.

No matter, it's promoting an agenda with just what was told to us in the OP..

My pair of pennies. Keystone's post aside, given just the information on the OP, I'd say this runs afowl of the agenda guideline. Just for a little perspective, I'm very much in favor of the recent rulings, am straight, and am well aware and irritated by both the double standards that many of my liberal cohorts run with and the bigotry and hypocrisy that many of my conservative friends take part in.

I don't do puzzles. I applaud your effort, however in my eyes, that information promotes an agenda.

Agree or disagree, I don't care. I don't even care if you think I am evil and vile. What I care about is staying on topic and keeping our social, political and religious opinions out of this forum

Before the thread gets locked, I apologize if my post falls into the reason why you want the thread closed. I wasn't trying to turn the thread into an opinion piece, just giving a little bit of information to put my opinion on your cache into perspective. Again, my apologies.