NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

When an NRHP property is listed as a site and not a district, can it have contributing structures and can those be waymarked in the NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings category?

I recently visited the Paoli Massacre Site and learned it is listed on the NRHP as Paoli Battlefield Site and Parade Grounds (site). After reading the nomination form for that site locted HERE---> https://www.dot7.state.pa.us/ce_imagery/phmc_scans/H079481_01H.pdf, I discovered 9 items or objects (or whatever) contribute to the site, even though it is not listed as a district.

So I say, can they be waymarked individually as contributing structures in the NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings category??

No only items contributing to a district can be submitted to that category. Even listing that are listed as buildings can have multiple contributing buildings and objects and those extra buildings/objects can not be listed either. A site can be a contributing to a historic district and in that case it could be listed in the contributing category as it contributes to the district. The category is going to remain only contributing buildings objects and structures etc to Districts, the category's original intent.

List the site as an individual listing in the NRHP category.

Edited by BruceS