Underwater caches

Guest gnbrotz

Guest gnbrotz

Does anyone know of any underwater caches? I can't get any to come up when I try to search (I guess because the search only applies to cache names). I would also be interested to know of any underground (i.e. buried) caches or other types of non-conventional hiding used by hiders.

------------------

Greg

Guest Lazyboy

I don't know of any now, but since I'm also a scuba diver I'm planning on placing one this summer, on the bottom of Klamath Lake in Oregon. This area has some very active geocachers and I know this is going to drive them crazy. These guys race each other to be the first to log a cache. Now my plan is to place it in a waterproof container in about 25 feet of water, BUT, I'll float a buoy about 10 feet below the surface so it could be grabbed by a hook. Hopefully they will place it back in exactly the same spot. Are you a diver?

Guest jeremy

I found an open source search engine that I've been working on adding to the site. I believe you can also use google to filter searches on a single web site. You'll have to check their FAQ for the details.

There is one in Egypt in a sunken tugboat. I don't know of another that requires scuba gear, but some that do require boats or other watercraft.

Jeremy

Guest gnbrotz

Lazyboy - No, I am not a scuba diver. My thoughts are to place one that would be reachable with just a snorkel & fins, or even no equipment if the seeker was an excellent swimmer.

Jeremey - Thanks for the search engine info. I will check it out!

------------------

Greg

Guest firewater68

ok i think an underwater cache is a great idea ive been thinking of doing one myself i am concerned with the bouy possibly causeing the coords to change and also that it might increase the possibility of someone removing it i personally was thinking of placing one in 15 to 20 ft of water that way it can be reached without dive gear but will be extreamly difficult good luck with this idea and good hunting

david

Guest Lazyboy

my plan was to have the buoy about 10 feet below the surface, the cache attached to the that but an anchor on the bottom so regardless of where they toss the buoy back it the cache will be very close to the coordinates. The cache will actually be on the line between the anchor and the buoy. Is that as clear as mud??