Prefered language is set to default after relogin

OsAg

The default language for Geocaching.com is english. I changed my prefered language under > Your Profile --> Account Details --> Your Preferences < to german. After a relogin my prefered language is changed back to english.

Can you fix it please?

Thanks

The default language for Geocaching.com is english. I changed my prefered language under > Your Profile --> Account Details --> Your Preferences < to german. After a relogin my prefered language is changed back to english.

Can you fix it please?

Thanks

Since short I have the same problem. I always had German in my preferences. Now it is always English. Changing it to German has no effect. After restarting the browser, the default langueage is English again. I tried it with IE and Firefox on several machins

I have the same problem here. Preferred language in my profile is German, and with every new login it changes to default, i.e. English. To be more precise: Not the language mentioned in the profile preferences changes, but the language in which the website actually starts. Sometimes the language changes even during a session. I didn't notice when it started, but I think it was about beginning of June, 2013. It is not so much of a problem, since one click on the language button adjusts it, but it is a nuisance.

PereSant, Germany

I have this problem, too. And it totaly sucks!

Not with every visit (auto login) but in random intervals. Sometimes even while a session and sometimes a couple of days later. Can you tell me which cookie is responsible for the manually selected language, for I can fix that by myself?

Thank you

You know that c:geo illegally scrapes the site rather than using the API, right?

It would help greatly if TPTB could make an official statement regarding c:geo's violations of the ToU. The Wikipedia article on geocaching has mentioned that app as being a popular one since August 2011, and I'm sure that's pointing a number of people toward using that app. However, we really can't do anything to remove that or give a warning without some kind of source. Currently all we have is word of mouth and forum posts, which aren't acceptable as reliable sources on Wikipedia. If we had an official statement somewhere on this site (not in the forums, but on the site itself or on the Groundspeak site), we could use that and potentially third-party articles that discuss the statement as sources and could finally give people fair warning about what c:geo does. Right now, there's really no way for people not already familiar with the situation to know what c:geo does to circumvent things and what kind of impact that has on the site in general.

An official statement saying that it's violating the ToU might even be ammunition for getting it removed from the Google Play store, but I'm not familiar with how that process might work.