Relocated Waymark.

A couple of monument type waymarks that I had submitted had been removed from their location to accomodate a road widening project last Summer. Since then, they have been tagged at the end of the title as [Gone]. However, I've just noticed that a few of them have turned up, relocated in another location about a mile away. What is the proper way to handle these?

Do I submit them as a new waymark and leave the old one there as a legacy waymark? As in, "these used to be at this location".

Or do I change the existing waymark coordinates to reflect the new location?

Or is there another solution?

I don't know what other folks would do, but I'd just change the coordinates, get rid of the GONE and change the description to mention that the monument was moved from place A to place B, as an item of historical interest.

I agree, this is what I would do. And if the they are significant monuments and the move was significant then I would consider adding a waymark to the Relocated category :rolleyes:

I don't know what other folks would do, but I'd just change the coordinates, get rid of the GONE and change the description to mention that the monument was moved from place A to place B, as an item of historical interest.

This is what I would do as well.

Andrew

I agree, this is what I would do. And if the they are significant monuments and the move was significant then I would consider adding a waymark to the Relocated category :rolleyes:

I also agree. This has happened several times in Texas and Missouri Historical Markers...we also ask that a note be made in the long description area that the marker (monument) was moved from xyz location on whatever date if known.

I also agree. This has happened several times in Texas and Missouri Historical Markers...we also ask that a note be made in the long description area that the marker (monument) was moved from xyz location on whatever date if known.

That's a great idea to add the date; I hadn't thought of that.

I'm just glad that they are reappearing. They were primarily Veteran memorials.