GOTHIC GEOCACHERS?

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Same person, same question, Same answer. "NO". You might want to broaden your search to include punk rockers, stoners, bangers, granolas, nature freaks, hippy throwbacks, skinheads, bikers, or any of hundreds of variations on a theme.. Good people can be found in all of those groups. Broaden your horizons.

Hey, wait a minute ...

Just to give everybody a good laugh here's me back in the 80's......... Not that I've matured or grown up much mentally.........Anyone for popcorn? hehehe

20yrs.jpg

Help!...lol

-----------------------------------------------------------

sig.jpg

"Whad'ya mean you didn't save the location of the truck?..EEEK!!!..."

Cliffy ... a word of advice ... from one who has been there ... destroy the picture(s) as soon as possible ... if they fall in the hands of your children ... they will be used against you and it WILL BE BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd icon_eek.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

quote:
Originally posted by PrincessButtercup:

...My geocaching motto" Was mich nicht umbringt,

macht mich starker".

"Thou forget-eth" the rest of that sentence ...

quote:
... oder es konnte Sie verkrüppeln.

icon_biggrin.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk-eye:

Cliffy ... a word of advice ... from one who has been there ... destroy the picture(s) as soon as possible ... if they fall in the hands of your children ... they will be used against you and it WILL BE BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd icon_eek.gif

ROFL Hawk-eye! Alas it is too late for my oldest (14) Erica.......I'm already paying a hefty toll due to tales of old told by her mom.......grrrrrrrr (not to stir up any poltical correctness pots)...but if it was my son MAYBE I could handle that cr*p.....lol Lawd help me...lol

-----------------------------------------------------------

sig.jpg

"Whad'ya mean you didn't save the location of the truck?..EEEK!!!..."

...chooses a different way of life to us doesn't mean that we should bag the sh!t out of them. I'm a VERY dissapointed that some people have given this person a hard time. I think the beauty of geocaching is the fact that all walks of life can enjoy it and should be free to do so. Lets not make judgements...let just hide and find caches.

"Before beginning a hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it." Pooh

[This message was edited by embi on May 20, 2002 at 06:44 AM.]

Sorry this is off topic but...

quote:
Originally posted by james f weisbeck kd7mxi terra utah:

IS IT TRUE THAT GOTHS DRINK BLOOD WORSHIP THE DEVIL AND RAPE PEAPLE?

Are you Serious???

I am aware that everyone has a right to speak thier mind (otherwise I would be writing this now) but I have been reading through the posts and everytime you write something it is either shorter then your sig (you have had a post that is one word)or seems to lack common sense.

I know I can say some pretty stupid things (this is proably one of them) but at least I try to put some consideration to what the possable responses are going to be before I write it. (boy, is this gonna get me flamed).

I apoligize at offending in public but it appears from other responses in other posts, other people have the same opinon.

Side note: do a search on the internet for "chat room etiquette" see what it says about using ALL CAPS

Okay I'll get off the soap box now.

Cache On!!

James

"Big Dog"

-Clan Ferguson

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

Have mercy on the rest of us hams. Just because James makes a habit of inhaling solder fumes doesn't mean we're all like that.

Speaking of which, I have noticed that there are some people who have no input that I find useful. Is there any way to 'squelch' one user so that I don't have to bother reading useless data?

Dan

quote:

just because a person's answers are short and they type with only one finger dosn't make a person stupid!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

neather does improper grammer!!! icon_razz.gif

It was more the content I was refering to.

and I said "say stupid things" NOT "you are stupid".

Cache On!!

James

"Big Dog"

-Clan Ferguson

quote:

It was more the content I was refering to.

and I said "say stupid things" NOT "you are stupid".

Cache On!!

James

"Big Dog"

-Clan Ferguson

More like retarded (metaphorically).

Personally, I wish i could get a killfile for him. Sorry Seneca, but I'm not looking for comic relief, even if I did find his posts entertaining. My complaint is that I've never read anything from him that actually contributes to the Groundspeak forums.

MajBach

You can't have everything,where would you put it?

1compass.gif

James,

Respect is something you have to earn by your actions and words. Spend a little time learning how to type, there are lots of typing tutors you can download on the web. Type your answers in a word processing program like Word,it will do a spell check for you. Then you can cut and paste your reply into the forum. Finally, put a little thought and content into your replies that is longer than a short sentence and you will find that folks will treat you with more respect.

19973_600.gif The adventures of Navdog, Justdog, and Otterpup

quote:

Groundspeak is not for flaming the way a person writes!!!

And not for flaming the way a person chooses to live thier life either!

On a side note: I see James has removed the post that started this all off!

"Before beginning a hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it." Pooh

Groundspeak is not for flaming the way a person writes!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

--------------------------------------------------

Hi, folks! I'm new to the sport and the forums and would like to read more and get more involved. However, I'm very rapidly getting sick of reading posts from a few individuals who never seem to actually have any real questions to ask or useful information to provide. As a newbie, I'm getting close to just abandoning the forums because of these few, how shall I call them, perhaps idiots? I have searched, but have not found a way to filter out posts by particular people. Is there such a feature? If not, my suggestion is that there should be, if for no other reason than to keep the morons from running the show and driving away people who would like to become useful members. Thanks for reading!

Just thought I would contribute MHO in this. Have read the forum and just wanted to provide my thought - since that is what this is - a collection of ideas/thoughts/opinions. The reason I really enjoy G/C is that all it takes is a GPS (from realllly cheap to fairly expensive) a desire (free), and some time (see GPS). ANYONE can do it - and it seems - does. Princess is looking for other "Goths" to hang with - that is all good. Some of you might be looking for other Jeep owners, persons with disabilities, singles, families with young children, etc. Please let's not slam anyone here - this is about the purest hobby/sport/past time I can find. It does seem that so much else is elitist/clque dependent/class segregated. I just wanna print some pages, pack a lunch, hop in the cache mobile and chill for a couple hours - then report my "exploits"...anyone care to share, GREAT, if not - like TV/Radio - the on/off switch is there. We are human and tend to be gregarious by natrure - we like to "hang" with others with similar interests - I don't know too many other vertically challanged, folically impaired, full figured, middle aged white guys (a dying breed) - so - so I pray G/C is accepting of all and stays the "equalizer" I know it is. Sorry for the LONG rant - got carried away. (and yes - I know I am a newbie at this sport - but not at life - and my comments were regarding the latter, not the former) BE SAFE TO ALL & HAPPY CACHING!!!

quote:

just because a person's answers are short and they type with only one finger dosn't make a person stupid!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

neather does improper grammer!!! icon_razz.gif

Are you saying that it's ok for you to slam people but not ok for people to respond to that slamming negatively? icon_eek.gif

Inquiring minds want to know. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Rye_and_Leigh:

Hi, folks!

Hi y'all.

Don't get too put out by the negativity on some of the forums. I've been on these forums for almost a year (i.e. an "old timer") and there are always one or two people who make a nuisance of themselves for a while, then they just drift away when people start to ignore them or when they've generated so much heat they can't stand it.

If you have something to contribute, chime in. Trust me, there are some genuinely decent people hanging out in here.

As for James, as a radiohead, I hope he understands that he has a very low S/N ratio (IMHO, of course).

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

I usually fall into the category of cross-dressing, middle-aged, overweight, white male geocacher... but I might be willing to try "goth".

Can I still wear high-heels while geo-gothing? icon_biggrin.gif

maj-gps.gif

Always trade UP in both quantity and quality and Geocaches will be both self-sustaining and self-improving!

--majicman

News Forums have a "Bozo Bin" for people you don't want to hear from. I've banned a few people to that area of my news program. Plus I've probably been banned a few times. I'm suprised this thread came up again from the depths. I'm even more suprized that unrelated to this thread my kids, wife, nephew and other members of my family have all of the sudden had a curioisity as to what Gothic is. It's a bad day when I'm the one explaining it to everyone...