eTrex 30 or Magellan eXplorist GC?

Im still kind of new to this great sport (2 months-85 finds). I've been using my phone so far but ready to step up my game and get a dedicated GPSr. I want a unit I won't outgrow in a couple of months but still on the cheap side. I can find the eTrex 30 for around $250 on Ebay and was seriously thinking about getting it, but the price is a little steep for me right now. So I researched a little more and came across the Magellan eXplorist GC. I found a refurbished unit on Ebay for under $100, which fits my budget.

My question is which is the better option? Can the eXplorist do most of the same things as the E30? Can I download maps to the eXplorist? What can the E30 do that the eXplorist can't?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There really are a LOT of posts on this. A little forum searching and you will have many answers.

Hands down etrex 30, if you can afford it.

While the GC is improving with updates.. the exteral SD storage and the garmin interface is better.

I have owned the GC and an etrex 20. Garmin..

The only reason you would go with the GC would be budget. Both of them will get you to the cache..

Shaun