Corrected coordinates on the map

Nuffie

How can I get the corrected coordinates on the map at geocaching.com?

To have a quick view and to make a routing it would be handy if the original coordinates are changed in the corrected ones. Is that possible at geocaching.com? Or have I missed some information?

I use Google Maps for that purpose.

Thanks for the answer, but how do you do that? When I switch to Google Maps in geocaching.com I get the same coordinates.

When you say "Corrected Coords" are you referring to the corrected coords in GSAK that you can use to put in the answer to a puzzle for example? If so those coords are only in your GSAK database and so will not appear on the Geocaching site maps. However there is a GSAK macro that will display caches on google maps (and another that will put them onto Google earth).

If it's a Multi or an Unknown cache then you can click on the pencil beside the co-ords on the cache page and input the new co-ords there. Then any map you click on from that cache's page will show that cache at the new co-ords. However when you click on the "geocaching.com" map, only the cache who's page you were on will show at it's corrected co-ords, if there are any other multis or Unknown caches on the map they will all be at their original co-ords

No, I mean the corrected coords of Unknown caches on geocaching.com. You can correct the coords of puzzles, but you cannot see them on the map. That is odd. In GSAK I can do this, but then I must import an PQ with the corrected coords and that takes some time. I just want to see the changes I have made on the map. But that is not possible, I presume?

No, I mean the corrected coords of Unknown caches on geocaching.com. You can correct the coords of puzzles, but you cannot see them on the map. That is odd. In GSAK I can do this, but then I must import an PQ with the corrected coords and that takes some time. I just want to see the changes I have made on the map. But that is not possible, I presume?

Aaah. I never use thos only GSAK and I forgot that GS how has that ability. Sorry.

I have had a quick read through this so forgive me if I am wrong. Someone already explained sort of what the pencil does.

But to be as exact as I can when you click on that pencil symbol by the coordinates of the puzzle caches page, you can input the coordinates you wish. As asked by you - the corrected coordinates. Now once you have done this they appear in italics. This is to show you, that they have been changed.

When you do a PQ the location shown for that cache, will now be the corrected coordinates location. Not the ones that were written by the CO as part of the puzzle. But when you look via the phone app they are not italic. So it can get confusing if you have solved the puzzle months ago and are not sure if they are corrected (solved) coordinates or not. But if you load up the page you can see if they are italic or not.

As for how can you see these on a map. One map on the cache page will show the original location - the cooridnates the CO wrote and the other map will show the corrected ones. I forget which way round it is but think its the small map that has the click to make map larger .. map.

hope that makes sense and is a little helpful.