Thinking Cap Geocoin

Six Little Spookies

Last week, after about two years (maybe longer, I don't remember!) of dithering, drawing, deciding, and otherwise trying to work out the design, money, and other factors, I finally submitted my idea to one the popular Geocoin minters. I can now say my first coin is in production!

I'll post more after I get the blueprints back, in the meantime here's a teaser:

ffcb1e8d-9bd6-4ad9-bf09-a6526f4f4eac.jpg?rnd=0.8551707

This is a snippet from one my earlier renditions of the coin. The submitted artwork has some changes, but perhaps some observant forum members can deduce one of the major inspirations for the coin's design?

It will be trackable (on Geocaching.com, of course!)

More details to come... :)

Edited by Eartha

ffcb1e8d-9bd6-4ad9-bf09-a6526f4f4eac.jpg?rnd=0.8551707

This is a snippet from one my earlier renditions of the coin. The submitted artwork has some changes, but perhaps some observant forum members can deduce one of the major inspirations for the coin's design?

Harry Potter?

Keep us posted. Looks like it might be good.

ffcb1e8d-9bd6-4ad9-bf09-a6526f4f4eac.jpg?rnd=0.8551707This is a snippet from one my earlier renditions of the coin. The submitted artwork has some changes, but perhaps some observant forum members can deduce one of the major inspirations for the coin's design?
Harry Potter?Keep us posted. Looks like it might be good.

Very good! You are right on

We want ... MORE !!!... and we want the coin too.SOoooo... when can we expect it? ... Humpday? Thursday? or will you make us wait all the way til this coming Friday .... :huh: Patience may be a virtue ... but tar and feathers seems more appropriate for teases .... :D

Lol, it just got started! Timeline will hopefully be blueprints this week, samples in a month, finished coins a month after that. I'm hoping to have them in hand before September, if all goes well.

I'll post up a little bit more this evening after work. :)

Critters & bright colors--I like it already!

The critters didn't make the final cut, but the bright colors certainly did. I really liked the critters too, but I think in the end it was the right choice.

More info? Ok, but I don't have the blueprints back yet; can't release everything until then!

But here's a few more details to keep your interest:

The current plan is for 5 editions. The snippet I uploaded yesterday was from one, here's a snippet from another.

32ac7693-332d-4683-b3d8-806144e82070.jpg?rnd=0.9086224

Maybe I'll tell you their names tomorrow. :)

It is shaped.

It's a 2" coin.

OK..watching this thread, saw the worm on the end of the hook.... we bit :P

We need Details...Details.... don't make us send Uncle Louie ova der... :lol:

We awredy gived Guido the contract ....

but he said it's 'K' wid him to meet up wid Unca Louie ...

Do they know Steve moved???? LOL

OK..watching this thread, saw the worm on the end of the hook.... we bit :P

We need Details...Details.... don't make us send Uncle Louie ova der... :lol:

We awredy gived Guido the contract ....

but he said it's 'K' wid him to meet up wid Unca Louie ...

Do they know Steve moved???? LOL

Yep .... he done give it up when he registered on that thar bogus pron site last week. ... :anitongue:

Looks like you got us hooked, line and sinker, I feel the tug already... when are they coming out?

They just went to blueprinting, so according to Pete (The Moop Along) it will take about 4 weeks once the blueprints are all done to get the samples, then another 4 weeks after that for the final coins. So, I'm expecting them at the end of August.

Ok, the blueprints are back with the text on the back, and it's time for some feedback! My wife thinks having 3 quotes plus the "Track at..." on the back makes it too busy, and I'm inclined to agree with her. Take a look:

ae083407-b414-4e2e-a104-3ee2b2face87.jpg?rnd=0.2427005

I'm thinking of dropping the Plato and Descartes quotes, italicizing and moving the "Track at..." to where the Plato one is now and seeing if it will fit in the space that runs from "...talking... Plato".

I'm also thinking of increasing the font by a couple of points on the Voltaire quote.

I do see the "itselt" typo on the Plato quote, and the period where there should be a comma on the Descartes quote. If you see any other typos let me know.

So what do you all think?

Ok, the blueprints are back with the text on the back, and it's time for some feedback! My wife thinks having 3 quotes plus the "Track at..." on the back makes it too busy, and I'm inclined to agree with her. Take a look:

ae083407-b414-4e2e-a104-3ee2b2face87.jpg?rnd=0.2427005

I'm thinking of dropping the Plato and Descartes quotes, italicizing and moving the "Track at..." to where the Plato one is now and seeing if it will fit in the space that runs from "...talking... Plato".

I'm also thinking of increasing the font by a couple of points on the Voltaire quote.

I do see the "itselt" typo on the Plato quote, and the period where there should be a comma on the Descartes quote. If you see any other typos let me know.

So what do you all think?

I agree with your proposed changes and am really looking forward to seeing these coins come to life.

All the blueprints are back from the mint! These 5 versions will be going into production after minor tweaks on one of them. What do you all think?

Ingenuity

No changes to this one.

1a427de4-be61-44b6-a20e-31c6be750da0.jpg?rnd=0.08389115

Choices

It looks greenish but it's actually a translucent brown. (The trans#8 on the backside should be trans#11)

43300296-04d6-4b75-9f53-28505b7d85c3.jpg?rnd=0.5174869

Ambition

This one I'm going to have the trans#6 and trans#7 switch places and change the glitter on the band from green to the same silver that is on the stars and moon.

104e4ccb-7eba-49be-8f37-1d809dd679dd.jpg?rnd=0.6617081

Courage

No changes on this one.

e3cdb226-3761-43a8-92e6-6705ef5512b9.jpg?rnd=0.3796525

Persistence

No changes on this one.

f8fc5d76-cd1b-47e3-b5d6-b9a722c89727.jpg?rnd=0.9607985

I've looked them over for spelling, but if anyone sees anything still out of place let me know.