Reviewers

beehappy

I want to do a Reviewers Challenge. How do I find the name of a cache's reviewer?

Scroll to the very end of the cache page, and there might be a "publish" log with the reviewer's name.

1.) It takes a while for the page to finish loading, if there's been tons of logs posted to it.

2.) The "publish" log might have been deleted, so there won't be a reviewer's name.

B.

If you use GSAK then there's a macro for that :)

The OP has 37 finds that are too old to have a 'Published By' log. :(

I didn't try out the macro, but I suspect it relies on having all logs for every found cache to work. For the OP, getting all those logs may be doable in one go using the API, but for someone with several thousand finds on very popular caches with large numbers of logs, one might max-out the API for three days in a row to 'Get All Logs'. :surprise:

For those old caches, the only way to know the reviewer's name is with the CO's assistance.

Scroll to the very end of the cache page, and there might be a "publish" log with the reviewer's name.

1.) It takes a while for the page to finish loading, if there's been tons of logs posted to it.

A faster way is to click "View Logbook" at the top of the logs, and then you can jump straight to the last page to find the Publish log.

If you use GSAK then there's a macro for that :)

I didn't try out the macro, but I suspect it relies on having all logs for every found cache to work. For the OP, getting all those logs may be doable in one go using the API, but for someone with several thousand finds on very popular caches with large numbers of logs, one might max-out the API for three days in a row to 'Get All Logs'. :surprise:

You're correct. I just looked at the code, and it first checks to see if you have the Publish log for each cache in your database. If you don't, it offers to do a "Get all logs" on the necessary caches.

I want to do a Reviewers Challenge. How do I find the name of a cache's reviewer?

2.) The "publish" log might have been deleted, so there won't be a reviewer's name.

B.

I'm relatively new to this hobby, and don't know what GSAK is. Is this something I ought to learn more about, and if so, where do I look? Thanks for the help!

If you use a Windows PC, GSAK is well worth knowing about!

It can be found at http://gsak.net/

You get a free trial for 21 days, then there is a 'nag screen' asking if you want to pay. It will still work with the nag screen...

Warning. There is rather a steep learning curve, but ask in the GSAK forums, it's a VERY helpful bunch! :)