Project APE 2

Guest Ron Streeter

Guest Ron Streeter

Starting this new thread in the hope it can be true to its anti-simian nature....that is that it can remain on topic and be about the caches placed by 20th Century Fox in an attempt to thwart the A.P.E.forces.

Can the human cachers prevail?

Guest Scout

So, in that same spirit, just why was cache #2 placed so near to the home territory of the revered founder of geocaching? Were the simians taunting him? Was it a lure to try to win him over with trinkets? Inquiring minds want to know.

And just what could he have found in the cache that caused the monkeys so much fright that they resorted to censorship to keep the secret from leaking out? Just what did he say?

Good news, Ron. The spirit within me is returning to life. :-)

[This message has been edited by Scout (edited 02 June 2001).]

Guest Mike_Teague

he just said he wouldnt tell the story because he didn't want it to "become property of geocaching.com" or some such nonsense...

Guest Ron Streeter

ow if your wise remarks are a response to my "Can the humans prevail?" or not.

If so, I guess I will have to explain to you what I meant by that remark. It had nothing to do with you or with Dave Ulmer. It was a reference to any geocachers who go after the Missions placed by 20th Century Fox and to those cachers evading the imaginary forces of the A.P.E. alliance.

It is a fantasy game scout. It has nothing to do with the real feelings you and some others have toward Jeremy.

May I suggest that you start a forum discussion of your own and name it in such a way that all who share your views could go there and you could talk to each other about those views.

This thread is hopefully going to be about the Project Ape caches and nothing else.

Thanks.....Ron

Guest Scout

Ron, I thought I was sticking to the script pretty well. Your own post, on the other hand, doesn't read like a fantasy game at all. Please keep it focused on the A.P.E. geocaches.

Just why did those apes pick Portland for cache #2? And why did the big apes censor the log, if the entry was as simple as Mike Teague reports? I hope we learn some answers in mission #3.

Guest Ron Streeter

Scout (and anyone else who is interested)...

My guess is that even if Mission #3 is on the west coast again, that it will be so far removed from any previous cache sites that none of the original participants, Buxley, I, Dave Ulmer and the other Mission #2 finders will have a shot at it.

The alliance does seem to be moving north, but they might take a turn at anytime. Staying ahead of the A.P.E. can not be easy.

Proximity to major population centers does seem to be de rigeur....possibly to insure that a lot of cachers will be available to further the cause of a non-ape planet.

As to the modification of posts at Geocaching.com, one can only say...those clever apes !

Regards....Ron

Guest Scout

I agree that Mission #3 will be far removed from the leaders of the anti-simian forces. Because the apes were foiled in the nefarious goals of mission #2 and have to lie low and distract attention from their heavy-handed behavior.

We may never know the apes' real intentions in placing cache #2 in the backyard of the hero of geocaching. But, whatever their goals were, they backfired. The censorship of the mission log was not clever, but heavy-handed, the modus operandi of the primitive brutes these apes really are. Be on your guard, always!

[This message has been edited by Scout (edited 02 June 2001).]

Guest Mike_Teague

I agree, I think they will (should) put something elsewhere than the west coast... There will only be 8 of these in the USA, from what I understand, so I'd figure on 2 per time zone, in general...

Guest jeremy

I've sent a request in to expand Project APE to hit more locations. Maybe not direct proof of an alternate evolution, but I hope to get some other items to send to geocachers around the US (and worldwide) to hide in caches.

I can't say more for now. I've been getting some unusual logs on the web server that a government agency is scanning the site.

Better safe than sorry.

Jeremy

Guest Mike_Teague

I never got the script, I'll leave it at that... A cache is a cache though, in my opinion...

I still want to know what Fox put in the cache... Dave is not forthcoming about that, so far... I found a pack of NiMH batteries though...

It is a good site though, perhaps a little too easy for non-geocachers though...

Guest Ron Streeter

To all anti-ape forces:

.. -. - . .-. -.-. . .--. - . -..

.- .--. .

-.-. --- -- -- .- -. -..

... -.-. --- ...- -

.- .--. .

.- --. . -. -

-.. .. ... -.-. --- -. - .. -. ..- .

.--. --- ... - ...

Guest jeremy

.-. --- --. . .-. / -.-. --- -- -- .- -. -.. / .-. . -.-. . .. ...- . -.. / ... - .- .-. - .. -. --. / --- .--. . .-. .- - .. --- -. / -.-. .-. --- .-- -.. / -.-. --- -. - .-. --- .-..

Guest Silver

-. .. -.-. . / .--. .- --. . .-.-.-

.. / .-- .- ... / .- -... --- ..- - / - --- /

.-- .-. .. - . / --- -. . /

-- -.-- ... . .-.. ..-. .-.-.-

... .. .-.. ...- . .-.

Guest makaio

.--- . .-. . -- -.-- / .- ... -.- / ..--- ----- - .... / -.-. . -. - ..- .-. -.-- / ..-. --- -..- / - --- / .. -. -.-. .-.. ..- -.. . / -- --- .-. . / - .... .- -. / .- / ... .. -. --. .-.. . / .. - . -- / .. -. / - .... . .. .-. / -.-. .- -.-. .... . ... / -. --- - / -. . -.-. . ... ... .- .-. .. .-.. -.-- / .- ..- - .... . -. - .. -.-. / .--. .-. --- .--. ... --..-- / -... ..- - / . -. --- ..- --. .... / .. - . -- ... / - --- / .- .-.. .-.. --- .-- / ... ..- -... ... . --.- ..- . -. - / ..-. .. -. -.. . .-. ... / - --- / - .-. .- -.. . / .- -. -.. / -.- . . .--. / - .... . ... . / -.-. .- -.-. .... . ... / .- .-.. .. ...- . / .- ..-. - . .-. / - .... . / .. -. .. - .. .- .-.. / ..-. .. -. -..

Guest Ron Streeter

Dave...

The people who are using code know how to spell "communication" in English, code and other languages.

Ron

19H/18F

Guest jeremy

Code word "julian"

uLmT,3*ZPF&JyQWD& icon_wink.gif&RP3JyU3ArX*;Ie&O]@RSSNUp5PNn)7

XUSM%LmG&Y,LmB377KQV1K;LmF}O!DIev7UpIHv7UpRTNnX11S

SM%LmUVK%LmB3JyM5USW)&Ie)S@XIePOUpVBROUp5PNnX1WUWX

+QIe,RZLmF]M5MWHSJyUWG53,M5J5XUS5I&Y+SQArX*ZHPTP7O

RBZJy31PXOX&IenyyLmNW5!UXONnXMLIS5MLmtVS!LmXWV@LmI

5ZZR7MZ;UpVBYOUSTO5@@QMHSJyYXSSJy;RES5)7NBRBUpmORJy

YNT@K3QA

[This message has been edited by jeremy (edited 03 June 2001).]

Guest jeremy

Code word "julian"

uLmT,3*ZPF&JyQWD& icon_wink.gif&RP3JyU3ArX*;Ie&O]@RSSNUp5PNn)7

XUSM%LmG&Y,LmB377KQV1K;LmF}O!DIev7UpIHv7UpRTNnX11S

SM%LmUVK%LmB3JyM5USW)&Ie)S@XIePOUpVBROUp5PNnX1WUWX

+QIe,RZLmF]M5MWHSJyUWG53,M5J5XUS5I&Y+SQArX*ZHPTP7O

RBZJy31PXOX&IenyyLmNW5!UXONnXMLIS5MLmtVS!LmXWV@LmI

5ZZR7MZ;UpVBYOUSTO5@@QMHSJyYXSSJy;RES5)7NBRBUpmORJy

YNT@K3QA

Guest jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

Code word "julian"

Same message. Key is "Rijndael" - 2 digit hex cipher, 128 block and key. Try that you apes!

8821251803102c14ff3ccf070a8d9c1ffae37cae74fde

e640e3898a85230f9113ed57043d95d5ff6b0c02354af

b6110f1c69ac66a892eb64717a482fe80445092d10690

9d53b7897a2f4af4b749960d78283d49a22c880ddd66e

f677ec4a5ce675edce9c75af1eba260ccf7e43bb83a6c

1c3969e7a6041871cd6464b934b74551e9d79b8fc32d4

a82a68f9df439fd2c05224d2a91d75cdb1bf33828434f

a2eb0b0eefdc1e03c7d2347977d6f572a99c784e853b21ed47d3e73a9c6f645c457d215ce784c9e33d608f8cf4

8665fd6c57a1d415fab9b0ec3e8213d4edeb41b188976

b6aa398b0aedcf4c1a3bfdaef8ddad86a4a92ede71d01

f12e7367dd3bca3095dfe137fcb87cb8918366032d0024e50

You'll have to remove the carriage returns. Had to edit it so the page didn't go > 800 pixels wide.

Guest Ron Streeter

WrongWay...

Sending this is in "clear" to you. Wish it was as easy as that.

Ron

19H/18F ..... still decrypting Jeremy's messages...lawn can wait.

Guest Ron Streeter

pear in the net version.

The sidebar reads:

"20th Century Fox is creating a global scavenger hunt, dubbed Project A.P.E. for its big summer entry. Players must have a device with Global Positioning System technology. Every Friday, the movie's web site posts geographic coordinates that start players in a race to find a cache. The first of 13 races around the world took place last Friday, climaxing with a half-hour climb up Mt. Diablo to locate a prop from the movie."

This quotation taken from the newspaper remains the property of the newspaper, but you can quote the fact that I quoted them and you can attibutes any errors in the quote to me. Any problems with that, see my lawyer. If you quote me wrong, my lawyer will see you.

[This message has been edited by Ron Streeter (edited 03 June 2001).]

Guest Ron Streeter

OK, NOW you can take the pill.

I'll make your apologies to the makers of the film "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" ! (how appropriate to our game !)

Ron

[This message has been edited by Ron Streeter (edited 03 June 2001).]