Looking for an IPad app

There are two Apps (as I know) that are specially desinged for iPad and use the full size of the screen: Looking4Cache and GeoBucket.

Best, Thorsten

I use GeoBucket extensively on my iPad 2 (WiFi). A lot of times I will use this instead of visiting the Geocaching.com website if I am planning where to go and just want to see the caches I have loaded on my GPS. I looked at some of the others, but they haven't matched up with how I cache as well. I download my pocket queries, use it to plan trips, and bring the iPad with on the hunt to enter field notes which I upload when I get home. The only quibble I have is that it puts up a message when you try to zoom out to the point where it would have to show more than 1000 caches / waypoints.

I used the free version of GeoBucket for about a year, just upgraded to the paid version last week to be able to get more map features and try out the cached maps. I certainly recommend getting the free version and playing around with it for a while.

I also use GeoBucket on my iPad3 and have to say I am pleased. I plan trips, filter caches, occasionally update live data and also take it with me to hunt to save logs in my car while using my Garmin on the field.

The nice thing is that I just learned to create offline maps with MOBAC and save them with iTunes to the device, so I do not have to be without maps when outside wifi coverage or cached maps. Very handy.