Seek a cache by Keyword

monsterbox

I entered keyword "Fibonnaci" and got a "not found" response. This search with the first word is useless,to me. I'll pay $40 buck a year to restore the keyword option. If I type in "the" I get useless responses, as well.

I agree. If you know the name of the cache the search function works great. But that begs the question if you know the name of the cache, why are you using a search function? Groundspeak you need to fix this problem and give us a real search function, or quit playing games and just take the name search function off the page and be done with it.

Could it be possible to add this type of word search to the Query option instead. Even when you could search by keyword and not just the First Word in Name, it would bring up every cache in the world and in no particular order. I would have to then search for the ones in my area, which of course were not listed together at all! If this was a query, one could specify a distance from location, so only the ones in the area you are caching in would be listed. With Challenges requiring particular words in the title of the caches, this was the only way to find those caches easily...

If the Query Idea isn't workable, then bring back the full search by keyword function, just the first word one is useless!

Even when you could search by keyword and not just the First Word in Name, it would bring up every cache in the world and in no particular order.

Near as I could tell, it was in alphanumeric order, but still hard to find what you were looking for.

If the Query Idea isn't workable, then bring back the full search by keyword function, just the first word one is useless!

The "starts with" search isn't entirely useless (just nearly so), as some challenges require caches starting with a certain character or word. I would like to see it stay there, but also bring back the "keyword" search.

Edited to add parentheses.

Edited by Kacher82