Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
donys11

Android App

I've recently changed phones and had to get the Android App. I' m very unhappy with it. Having used the iPhone App for the past year, I find that it was far superior.

I'm most disappointed with the fact that the map will not spin so that I can face the cache as I walk in its direction. Correcting

this problem would make my experience much more pleasant.

You did not say which Android app you are using!

Give Locus maps a try. Its a steep learning curve but worth it. Make sure that you get some vector maps for off line use.

I'm using the Geocaching.com app for Android. I'm interested in using Locus and or Vector maps but have no idea what they are....

Edited by donys11

Neongeo has a 30 day free trial. Iam still learning on it but looks very promising.

im actually pretty happy with the geocaching.com app. its way better than using ur gps and trying to type in the hints or trying to remember some of the hints that helped find the cache. everything is just right there. i do have to admit the not turning of the map kind of sucks.

I would never be happy using only my smartphone for caching but, of course, my 60csx is missing some info.

To be paperless in my home area I use GDAK on my phone to see descriptions, logs, hints, etc. and to make log entries or field notes from the field.

If I am outside my home area I'll fire up the geocaching.com app for a little spur-of-the-moment caching. But even at that I will often transcribe the coords over to my 60csx to make the find.

I just don't find my smartphone that reliable for directing me to GZ. I know all GPSs have at least some degree of relaibility issues. I guess I just know, and am more confortable with, the behavior of my 60csx better than the phone GPS.

I've been using C:geo on my android for a couple of years now and am pretty happy with it. I've used the geocaching.com app on the iPhone and I can understand any frustration when switching to android (the android version is not user friendly)

C:geo app is the way to go. along with GPS Status. both apps are free and seem to work really well! Just don't forget to calibrate your radar!