Android App

I've recently changed phones and had to get the Android App. I' m very unhappy with it. Having used the iPhone App for the past year, I find that it was far superior.

I'm most disappointed with the fact that the map will not spin so that I can face the cache as I walk in its direction. Correcting

this problem would make my experience much more pleasant.

I would never be happy using only my smartphone for caching but, of course, my 60csx is missing some info.

To be paperless in my home area I use GDAK on my phone to see descriptions, logs, hints, etc. and to make log entries or field notes from the field.

If I am outside my home area I'll fire up the geocaching.com app for a little spur-of-the-moment caching. But even at that I will often transcribe the coords over to my 60csx to make the find.

I just don't find my smartphone that reliable for directing me to GZ. I know all GPSs have at least some degree of relaibility issues. I guess I just know, and am more confortable with, the behavior of my 60csx better than the phone GPS.