Category Suggestion?

GT.US

I got a waymark in exceptional trees that I need to deny, but I'd like to suggest another place for it.

The plaque says:

friedenslinde zur erinnerung an das ende des siebenjährigen krieges 1763 allen menschen zur Mahnung

translate: Peace Linden to the memory of the end of the seven year war for all people mahnung

I believe it is referring to Third Silesian War (1756–1763)

This was a part of the all European Seven Years' War; Austria once more tried to get back Silesia (for the second time). The collapse of the Anglo-Austrian Alliance in 1756 meant that Britain had now changed sides, and in this war they supported Prussia against their former allies the Austrians.

After battles in 1761–1762 went well for Russian and Austrian forces, in January 1763 Austria was suddenly abandoned by her ally with the ascension of Peter III of Russia who recalled his army from within Berlin and Pomerania upon the death of Empress Elizabeth of Russia (d. 5 January 1762 [O.S. 25 December 1761]).

While Peter was assassinated himself the next summer, before Catherine the Great succeeded him and could once again bring Russia into an alliance, peace talks that were already in progress about the wider war had concluded in February 1763 — and, worse for Austria, Peter had mediated an agreement between Prussia and Sweden, allowing Frederick II's forces to consolidate his position and bolster Prussia's claims in January and February. All these events were against Austria's interests. Consequently, Prussia was then confirmed with her Silesian possessions in the Treaty of Hubertusburg.

Not dedicated to one person

Not THE Austro-Prussian war, just a Austro-Prussian war

Not a Peace Memorial

Not a non-specific Vertans memorial nor Multi War memorial

Any Ideas?

Perhaps some tweaking of the search terms might be in order for the Specific Wars Monuments and Memorials category?

I did a search on "Specific" and it didn't come up

I did a search on "war" and it didn't come up

I did a search on "memorial" and it didn't come up

The search terms are not the problem, new categories are not indexed correctly anymore, as far as I understand. You will not find any category created after about March 2012 when you use the category search, no matter what terms you try.

The search terms are not the problem, new categories are not indexed correctly anymore, as far as I understand. You will not find any category created after about March 2012 when you use the category search, no matter what terms you try.

Ouch! Thats my primary method of both searching and posting.