Weird or What?

We checked on one of our caches today because we received a "Found It!" log with just one word: "Noodles???"

This is what we found...

86b552b1-e331-4960-8805-34d0009e1ed0.jpg

It even had the flavour packet in it. All the other swag was gone but the log book was on top and there were two pencils buried in the noodles.

Anyone else find some odd swag in their caching adventures? We're not talking the standard illegal junk like shell casings or bubble gum - we're talking really weird stuff, the things that make you go "HUH?" :blink:

Just so we're clear, I don't think the cacher that posted the "Noodles???" log was the one who left them. The logbook has two extra signatures in between the last two online logs. One of them was three first names that looked like it was written by young teens.

Perhaps they wanted to trade for something but all they had in their school bag was a bowl of Ramen. And the styrofoam bowl wouldn't fit in the container so they just poured in the noodles and set the flavour packet and the lid with the cooking instructions on top! :lol: That's the only plausible explanation I can come up with.

@The_Incredibles - who would use a Lock&Lock for food? Geez! :lol:

We checked on one of our caches today because we received a "Found It!" log with just one word: "Noodles???"

This is what we found...

86b552b1-e331-4960-8805-34d0009e1ed0.jpg

It even had the flavour packet in it. All the other swag was gone but the log book was on top and there were two pencils buried in the noodles.

Anyone else find some odd swag in their caching adventures? We're not talking the standard illegal junk like shell casings or bubble gum - we're talking really weird stuff, the things that make you go "HUH?" :blink:

By now I'm sure you've eaten the noodles left in your cache. So tell me, how is the "spicy kimchi" flavor? I've been meaning to try it. ;)

"Quit... don't quit... noodles... don't noodles... You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying:

Yesterday is history,

tomorrow is a mystery,

but today is a gift.

...That is why it is called the present."

(Master Oogway, from the movie "Kung Fu Panda")

Edited by kunarion

Well, if you take the pencils out and add hot water, you can have yourself a nice snack. :lol:

The pencils are there to use as chopsticks. :D

That still doesn't explain why the noodles were left in a lock n lock. If it was a Rubbermaid container, there would have been warm rainwater soaking them with a nice ready made treat for the next finder.

Well, the cache has been cleaned, restocked and replaced. We considered relocating it but decided to give the spot another chance because it is a good hide for families with young kids. If we get "noodled" again, we'll take it down the trail a-ways.

In other news, we checked on another cache of ours and found out that a huge tree has fallen in the area! No luck this week :lol:

Just so we're clear, I don't think the cacher that posted the "Noodles???" log was the one who left them. The logbook has two extra signatures in between the last two online logs. One of them was three first names that looked like it was written by young teens.

Perhaps they wanted to trade for something but all they had in their school bag was a bowl of Ramen. And the styrofoam bowl wouldn't fit in the container so they just poured in the noodles and set the flavour packet and the lid with the cooking instructions on top! :lol: That's the only plausible explanation I can come up with.

I use lock and locks to eat at home

You eat lock and locks??? :blink::o

You eat lock and locks??? :blink::o

No. She said she used to eat lock n locks at home.

I'm appalled at this. Geocaching is supposed to be a light, family-friendly activity, there's no place for this sort of thing. It's obvious to me that someone is using caches to try to convert the unwary to Pastafarianism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Wow I am converting from jedism to that! I mean have you seen the meat balls on that monster? I wouldn't like to wrong him.